DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Having a issue with my IMU

SoapyGolem

Reactions
So I may need some help or someone to help me understand what is going on with IMU. I have my mavic for a few months now with over 100+ plus flights and love it. Usually before i go out and fly i always make sure my IMU and compass are all set "IMU between 0.1 between 0.3" If not i calibrate it. Then i drive down the street not to far from my home "open desert"... and right before take off i look and see all my sensors are okay and notice my IMU jumped to 0.12 to 0.17... Its been doing that recently even when i did the IMU calibration at home on a flat surface. I do my compass calibration in open desert as well no metal objects at all.... So i was wondering if anyone else noticed this issue or maybe why its doing that?

I however still fly because the sensors are still in the green and fly's perfect and everything feels okay just wondering why all of sudden the IMU could change?

Thank you

So I may need some help or someone to help me understand what is going on with IMU. I have my mavic for a few months now with over 100+ plus flights and love it. Usually before i go out and fly i always make sure my IMU and compass are all set "IMU between 0.1 between 0.3" If not i calibrate it. Then i drive down the street not to far from my home "open desert"... and right before take off i look and see all my sensors are okay and notice my IMU jumped to 0.12 to 0.17... Its been doing that recently even when i did the IMU calibration at home on a flat surface. I do my compass calibration in open desert as well no metal objects at all.... So i was wondering if anyone else noticed this issue or maybe why its doing that?

I however still fly because the sensors are still in the green and fly's perfect and everything feels okay just wondering why all of sudden the IMU could change?

Thank you

I think you are worrying about it too much. I have never calibrated anything other than the compass and maybe the gimbal once some time ago. I just normally check the first page that comes up on the app which shows all the main items and if I am in the correct mode, everything is normal, good signal and good GPS then I fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne