DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HD Live Stream on Facebook ?

Nasko

Reactions
So today was my first flight with my new toy (Mavic Pro)...so i did a little test flight for a couple minutes...was streaming live on my facebook page...but the quality wasn't that good after when i saw my video on FB...the settings on the drone were on 4k...but for some reason i think FB compress the video...any ideas how i can fix that and at least stream on HD ...
Thanks !!!

Perhaps it was still rendering, same as on YT. Have you given it 30 minutes to complete?

A good exercise would be to start a sentence without "So", that despicable practice.

Reactions: Nasko
Perhaps it was still rendering, same as on YT. Have you given it 30 minutes to complete?

i did give it ...sometimes you know how on FB videos you have a little HD button on bottom right to switch when you watch a video ...wondering is there any option for that live stream once the video is done and uploaded !
And i will take a note ab that "So" ...thanks !

the quality wasn't that good after when i saw my video on FB...the settings on the drone were on 4k...but for some reason i think FB compress the video...any ideas how i can fix that and at least stream on HD ...
Thanks !!!
Go to 'Image Transmission Settings' and select HD Mode (4K or High Frame Rates cannot be used during HD Mode).

Firstly, Facebook doesn't do 4K. Secondly, streaming is limited to the available bandwidth you have available for upload. It's usually not as high as your download speed. If your bandwidth sucks, so will your video quality. Thirdly, streaming 4K isn't possible. For that to work, the drone needs to stream that quality back to the RC, the phone needs to be able to handle that quality, and the bandwidth needs to be able to handle that quality. Streaming uses UDP protocols.

Reactions: Hexagon
Firstly, Facebook doesn't do 4K. Secondly, streaming is limited to the available bandwidth you have available for upload. It's usually not as high as your download speed. If your bandwidth sucks, so will your video quality. Thirdly, streaming 4K isn't possible. For that to work, the drone needs to stream that quality back to the RC, the phone needs to be able to handle that quality, and the bandwidth needs to be able to handle that quality. Streaming uses UDP protocols.

i know that i can't stream 4k for sure ...but at least want HD...should i change my drone resolution to 1080p instead 4k ?

Reactions: SoCal_Mavic
There is no such thing as HD FB streaming as far as I'm aware (for the general public that is). The live stream will always be crappy SD, THEN once finished it can upload an HD version in the background and put that up for those who watch later. And that's only from the FB app itself, not third party services.

I.e. use another platform if you really want live HD (with everything that entails).

Last edited:
There is no such thing as HD FB streaming as far as I'm aware (for the general public that is). The live stream will always be crappy SD, THEN once finished it can upload an HD version in the background and put that up for those who watch later. And that's only from the FB app itself, not third party services.

I.e. use another platform if you really want live HD (with everything that entails).
Like YouTube.

i know that i can't stream 4k for sure ...but at least want HD...should i change my drone resolution to 1080p instead 4k ?
I kind of get the feeling only the 4K part of my post registered, and that everything else, blew over your head. Like I said, HD streaming is only possible on YouTube, and that requires a sufficient bandwidth to do so. Not many users have that kind of bandwidth available. Phone towers do, but most don't have a sufficient data plan to cover all that usage.

As I said earlier, 4K or High Frame Rates cannot be used during HD Mode. Filming in 2.7K or lower should be fine, as it will send HD feed to your mobile device provided you have enabled HD mode on DJI Go.

Under Facebook Account settings, you'll find 'Videos and Photos', enable Upload HD (and yes, it is available to general public).

This is all that you can do on your part. We know you don't have control over mobile data speed and other technical stuff that is been said here, so not point in debating over it. One can just hope for the best.

Happy flying!!

7e6d8ec800141f2b8e79d7c508bef13a.jpg
0e0718ec24e8662a1d3dac966482ff6c.jpg

That setting refers to normal video uploads, not livestream.
Then the downlink settings on the Mavic have no effect, "HD" on facebook is 720p anyway.

That setting refers to normal video uploads, not livestream.
Then the downlink settings on the Mavic have no effect, "HD" on facebook is 720p anyway.

OP started this thread and all he wants is to have "HD" livestream video to Facebook. No specific mention of 1080p, 1080i or 720p (anyway) has been made.

Now, can we go off topic and start the debate if one could livestream HD video to Facebook or not (at least to general public) ??

Last edited:
So today was my first flight with my new toy (Mavic Pro)...so i did a little test flight for a couple minutes...was streaming live on my facebook page...but the quality wasn't that good after when i saw my video on FB...the settings on the drone were on 4k...but for some reason i think FB compress the video...any ideas how i can fix that and at least stream on HD ...
Thanks !!!

Hey, i might be a little late for this reply but I'm giving the method which worked for me. It might help other people also, that's why.

Step 1: Find the video in your profile or page feed

Once you have located the video, you will want to click on the time stamp and the video will pop up.

Once you click on the time stamp, the video will pop up and you will see it as well as the comments to the right of the video.

Step 2: Click on the three little dots in the upper right hand corner

You will want to right click on the video and click on the “Show video URL”.

Step 3: Click on the Download Video Option

Click the download video option and the option to save the video will appear on your computer.

Step 4: Choose the location to save the Facebook Live video

Choose where to save it on your computer and hit save. VIOLA!

You can actually download Facebook live videos. That will surely fix your issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan