DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Head tracking orientation?

mavic6611

Reactions
Just a quick question, I'm planning on using the head tracking on the goggles today. How do I know the orientation of the aircraft in respect to the orientation of the camera?

I wondered the same question when I bought goggles I did not even think about it, think it was done with those blue arrows but only in tapfly mode and some others modes. It is not possible in freefly mode. I think it is possible in fix wing mode also. When I tried, I was confused ... a small cross in the middle of the screen pointing direction, loses every time when I move forward, go away! Of course there is a reset option! but this requires little action and is not complicated. I believe that in the future this option may be better and better, hope so!

I wondered the same question when I bought goggles I did not even think about it, think it was done with those blue arrows but only in tapfly mode and some others modes. It is not possible in freefly mode. I think it is possible in fix wing mode also. When I tried, I was confused ... a small cross in the middle of the screen pointing direction, loses every time when I move forward, go away! Of course there is a reset option! but this requires little action and is not complicated. I believe that in the future this option may be better and better, hope so!
Thanks for the heads up mate. I thought it's best to find out first before I go flying around thinking I'm going forwards when I'm actually going to the left or right [emoji23]

Thanks for the post, having same problem. when you say reset what do you do? c1? turn off tracking and turn back on?
Love these Goggles still tweaking with stick time, I hope!

Thanks again!

There is a VR mode option in the goggles this provides an indication as to where the front of the aircraft is pointed at all time. You can select it on or off. It's in the goggles menu. You can have this on in sports or gps mode. It's a good addition that came out in .800 ??

Reactions: dannyw777
Thanks for the post, having same problem. when you say reset what do you do? c1? turn off tracking and turn back on?
Love these Goggles still tweaking with stick time, I hope!

Thanks again!

when you pulls down with two fingers at the touch pad on goggles, you will see some kind of menu. Choose the 4th item in line, where the reset direction is written. something like that. The cross will immediately return to the middle. Goggles are not by me now, so I do not know what exactly is written. Know only that the fourth item is In line, it's next on the right side of the HT icon

Reactions: mavic6611
when you pulls down with two fingers at the touch pad on goggles, you will see some kind of menu. Choose the 4th item in line, where the reset direction is written. something like that. The cross will immediately return to the middle. Goggles are not by me now, so I do not know what exactly is written. Know only that the fourth item is In line, it's next on the right side of the HT icon
Thanks mate. So basically we have to reset whilst in flight, to regain orientation?
It seems a bit silly that does doesn't it. Hopefully dji will resolve that.

Reactions: Zmaj1701
Thanks mate. So basically we have to reset whilst in flight, to regain orientation?
It seems a bit silly that does doesn't it. Hopefully dji will resolve that.

When I bought Mavic 6 months ago, I just wanted to fly with VR ... then there was no way to get DJI goggles yet. I decided to download the Litchi app who let me fly with the VR (In my case ShineconVR) . I would say it was great experience. These stuff at $ 25 for app, and $ 12 more for VR...great for that price! I had all the telemetry I needed, the only thing I did not have the possibility of moving the camera left and right but just up and down. Gaining a movement of, left and right I got a new problem. The problem we are just talking about...which DJI has not successfully solved, so far! I also consider it a great disatvantage that the goggels do not show the amount of signal betwen rc and mavic...I lost signal twice, becouse of that. Litchi did not have that problem. because the monitor is a mobile phone that is directly connected to rc. That's all my thoughts...

In v.1000 for Goggles there is now a signal indicator for Mavic and controller. There is also cross hairs in the screen when you enable head tracking mode. Very easy to fly with just that. It maybe takes about one flight to get to grips with it.

Reactions: Zmaj1701
In v.1000 for Goggles there is now a signal indicator for Mavic and controller. There is also cross hairs in the screen when you enable head tracking mode. Very easy to fly with just that. It maybe takes about one flight to get to grips with it.

That is good news , I did not know that I just recently made an update. I did not try out the goggles yet. These are really good news.
I guess I need to make an Goggles update?

Reactions: Clinton1
Can I use 1000 on goggles and stay 900 on MP?

Im going outside now to look at new signal indicator in my goggles! Im sure i didnt see it there earlier. Im on 1000 fw.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deauxpamine