DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Helicopter Identification

Check the wheels and tail placement and angle . . number of blades and the external mount (right side) . . . its a Blackhawk H60 variant. Whoever said "it's just the viewing angle" that makes it look like something else is right. My 2 cents.

Reactions: Former Member
I live near the flight path between the White House and Camp David so I see these guys overhead from time to time. Very impressive aircraft.
58a483eea4e46.image.jpg

That’s definitely a Sikorsky chopper without a doubt. As to what variant it is, hard to say. I’ve seen enough in my military career though to know the tell tale signs of that brand haha. If I had to venture a guess, I’d say it’s the CG variant and the item on the side is the stable boom for the winch.

Looks like different kinds of weapon pods on this bird. Not sure the different caliber but all definitely locked n loaded.

Attachments

• E3470902-10EE-4379-B2CF-5CD95E5E266F.jpeg
    E3470902-10EE-4379-B2CF-5CD95E5E266F.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 27
anyone recognize this model of helicopter? It flew over my property last month around 300ft. I was flying about 250ft with my MP and was able to take this image.
Looks like a Sikorsky MH-60 Jayhawk. I live near the Gulf Coast (Clearwater, FL) and always have my ears open. When I hear them coming (usually on training or rescue flights) I try to determine their altitude and direction. You're allowed by the FAA to go ABOVE the intruding aircraft and (and above 400 ft.) to avoid a problem. Reporting is not necessary.

Reactions: Mblumster
Unless Im wrong, Central North Carolina is in the USA. If it is a Hind, it might be Putin in Russia's version of Marine 1 paying us a visit.

The US Army and Air Force special ops units fly Russian helicopters and actually trains many foreign pilots to fly them. Why you ask? Since the wall came down in Eastern Europe many alliances have changed and we have many allies now that have Russian equipment and can’t afford to buy all new US or NATO equipment. How do I know? I’m a helicopter flight instructor at Fort Rucker, AL and up until the end of 2017 we were training US and foreign pilots to fly the Russian Mi-17. There is a unit in FL that trains with the Mi-24. This could in fact be a Mi-35 as others have pointed out but the 35 is an upgraded Mi-24. I have not stayed abreast of the subtle differences.

The US Army and Air Force special ops units fly Russian helicopters and actually trains many foreign pilots to fly them. Why you ask? Since the wall came down in Eastern Europe many alliances have changed and we have many allies now that have Russian equipment and can’t afford to buy all new US or NATO equipment. How do I know? I’m a helicopter flight instructor at Fort Rucker, AL and up until the end of 2017 we were training US and foreign pilots to fly the Russian Mi-17. There is a unit in FL that trains with the Mi-24. This could in fact be a Mi-35 as others have pointed out but the 35 is an upgraded Mi-24. I have not stayed abreast of the subtle differences.

That could explain it. But this one looks like it has 4 blades, and I think the Mi-35 and Mi-24 have 5?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom