DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Australia

Hello from the great state of Tennessee. Been there done that. I wiped out on a YZ250 on a jump; throttle stuck and couldn't get on the back brake fast enough in the air. Felt like somebody wacked my tail bone with a 2x4. My pastor said there is a switch that eventually flips in all our heads that, when flipped, says " I could get hurt doing that"...hat's why you don't see old farts like me doing extreem sports LOL

I still ride a Harley but love the drone. I picked mine up last Christmas, along with a pair of DJI goggles. The fort time I flew it was from inside my car sitting in a field. The experience left me so immersed, I had to remind myself I was setting in a car!

Advice: do a preflight check before each flight, and stay above the trees for a bit. DJI make some sophisticated "toys" that are mind blowing, but can crash in a lot of ways. For example. One of my first mishaps was a minor prop strike on a thin branch. I didn't think much about it since i was so low to the ground. I set the drone for takeoff and about 3 meters off the ground I slung off a prop. Had I done a preflight and inspected the props< i would have noticed that one of the locking tabs on a prop had broken off and fell down into the motor.Needless to say, it reached a catastrophic failure when I took off... that's one of 50 crashes but still flying.

Fly high and fly often

Reactions: Jorgeo65
Welcome and wishing you many hours of happy flying.
Watch out for the props, they can get imbedded in ya skull too... lol
Knowing my luck something like that will probably happen. lol, check out the photo the ambo guy took of the blade stuck in my head, warning, its a bit gruesome

Attachments

• grinder accident.JPG
    grinder accident.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 6
OMG is a good way to explain how I felt.. very lucky to be alive if you asked me ..

Hello from the great state of Tennessee. Been there done that. I wiped out on a YZ250 on a jump; throttle stuck and couldn't get on the back brake fast enough in the air. Felt like somebody wacked my tail bone with a 2x4. My pastor said there is a switch that eventually flips in all our heads that, when flipped, says " I could get hurt doing that"...hat's why you don't see old farts like me doing extreem sports LOL

I still ride a Harley but love the drone. I picked mine up last Christmas, along with a pair of DJI goggles. The fort time I flew it was from inside my car sitting in a field. The experience left me so immersed, I had to remind myself I was setting in a car!

Advice: do a preflight check before each flight, and stay above the trees for a bit. DJI make some sophisticated "toys" that are mind blowing, but can crash in a lot of ways. For example. One of my first mishaps was a minor prop strike on a thin branch. I didn't think much about it since i was so low to the ground. I set the drone for takeoff and about 3 meters off the ground I slung off a prop. Had I done a preflight and inspected the props< i would have noticed that one of the locking tabs on a prop had broken off and fell down into the motor.Needless to say, it reached a catastrophic failure when I took off... that's one of 50 crashes but still flying.

Fly high and fly often
you sound a bit accident prone like me, lets see if I can break your 50 crash record, lol.
and thanks for the welcome.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErieSkyPixel