DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Cork, Ireland.

Johnie5

Reactions
Hey all

Just got my Mavic Pro. I picked up a combo kit and already am glad of the extra couple of batteries. I'm blown away by this. I live just a couple of miles from the coast and took her for a ride out over some rocks and the waves, I was nervous :)))) . One thing I noticed is that I lost the signal somehow, not sure why, I was in visual range, I returned it to it's home position, shut it down and restarted with no issue. A set of filters arrived today also, didn't try them out yet but I did capture some great footage. Anyway, glad to be here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: Johnie5
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Hey all

Just got my Mavic Pro. I picked up a combo kit and already am glad of the extra couple of batteries. I'm blown away by this. I live just a couple of miles from the coast and took her for a ride out over some rocks and the waves, I was nervous :)))) . One thing I noticed is that I lost the signal somehow, not sure why, I was in visual range, I returned it to it's home position, shut it down and restarted with no issue. A set of filters arrived today also, didn't try them out yet but I did capture some great footage. Anyway, glad to be here.
Hey johnie5, also from cork, how you finding the mp so far.. i should be placing my order for the flymore combo soon.. and restrictions in flying with the newer nfz on the latest software ?

Reactions: Johnie5
Hey,
The Mavic is great, I hope your wait is not too long. I've been mainly spending time to learn to control it and fly it well when I get the time. I just have mine a little over 2 weeks, when I fired it up first it asked me to update the firmware, it hasn't since, says I'm running the latest firmware version. But I have updated the DJI GO 4 app a few days ago and there are bugs. I use the iOS version but I believe there are bugs with android too. I switched over to using Litchi, used it yesterday with no issues. I see no issues with any new restrictions, I do get a message when it starts to tell me I'm near a flight path and to fly with caution, but that's it.

Reactions: robbiew
Hey,
The Mavic is great, I hope your wait is not too long. I've been mainly spending time to learn to control it and fly it well when I get the time. I just have mine a little over 2 weeks, when I fired it up first it asked me to update the firmware, it hasn't since, says I'm running the latest firmware version. But I have updated the DJI GO 4 app a few days ago and there are bugs. I use the iOS version but I believe there are bugs with android too. I switched over to using Litchi, used it yesterday with no issues. I see no issues with any new restrictions, I do get a message when it starts to tell me I'm near a flight path and to fly with caution, but that's it.
Cool, thanks for the update bud.. i can't wait to get my hands on one.. just have to look for a cheapish ipad mini 3 now, man it's an expensive hobby this drone stuff..
I'll keep ya posted when i actually get mine.. NCT due next week as well, better get my car checked out as well.
Take care bud..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J