DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Gilroy California-Looking for locations to legally Test fly DJI Air2S

Ranger#1

Reactions
Good morning pilots! Hello from beautiful Garlic World of Gilroy California-Looking for locations to legally Test fly DJI Air2S. Any recommendations greatly appreciated. FAA License & registered DJI. SFBay, South Bay areas, San Benito County etc...:D

Ranger#!

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America Ranger#1.

Here's a couple of apps that are free from the app stores that may help you find a place to fly.

KITTYHAWK (FAA preferred)

AIRMAP

Please check the local ordinances concerning the launching / landing from the property

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Greetings!

I would think with all the farm land around Gilroy, you'd have places to fly unless there are other restrictions I wouldn't know about. My wife and I have stayed @ the Betabel RV south of Gilroy near where 101 and 156 merge several times. I know there is a train track behind the park and trains still run it. Maybe if you found out where the tracks go you could fly there and maybe catch a train at the same time.

Also - Google "Places to fly a drone around Gilroy" - see what comes up. I did that up here near Sacramento and found several 'drone-friendly' places.

Good morning pilots! Hello from beautiful Garlic World of Gilroy California-Looking for locations to legally Test fly DJI Air2S. Any recommendations greatly appreciated. FAA License & registered DJI. SFBay, South Bay areas, San Benito County etc...:D

Ranger#!
Use an App like KittyHawk, B4UFLY, or UAVForecast to check the area you wish to fly in. They will tell you restricted, no fly, and other zones. With Gilroy being relatively close to San Jose Airport, you may or may not be in that zone. Also small air / helo ports can have some restrictions too. If you plan on flying somewhere else, say Santa Cruz - you can input those to check flying conditions (important too for wind / etc.) any possibly restrictions before going and if need be apply for permission to fly if allowed.

Ranger#!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

I would think with all the farm land around Gilroy, you'd have places to fly unless there are other restrictions I wouldn't know about. My wife and I have stayed @ the Betabel RV south of Gilroy near where 101 and 156 merge several times. I know there is a train track behind the park and trains still run it. Maybe if you found out where the tracks go you could fly there and maybe catch a train at the same time.

Also - Google "Places to fly a drone around Gilroy" - see what comes up. I did that up here near Sacramento and found several 'drone-friendly' places.
Hey Prop Wash—Thanks for the Tip-location on Betabel Road, very isolated area & remote opened area. Gets very windy there 15-30knot winds at times in the afternoon. I had a friend who lived there once at that RV location! Great old Vietnam Veteran, a Major in the USAF Polit! As far as, Restrictions too far away from any Restricted Airports, but staying away from City, State, National Parks, Wildlife Preserves areas, Private properties. Looking for isolated, remote areas! Trying to get familiar with my DJI Air 2S. Happy Flying!

Ranger#!
welcome from North Pole, Alaska

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu