DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from London (UK)

Captain Adrona

Reactions
Hello everyone!

I am a new Mavic Pro pilot checking in from near Heathrow in the UK. Glad to be part of this awesome drone community!

Recently been out to the drone park in Richmond and despite the extreme wind, it was a good flight. Looking for more places to fly drones in the London/Surrey area and would like to create a meet-up where a group of us can go and fly.

Have a fantastic day and look forward to see you all out there! Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hello everyone!

I am a new Mavic Pro pilot checking in from near Heathrow in the UK. Glad to be part of this awesome drone community!

Recently been out to the drone park in Richmond and despite the extreme wind, it was a good flight. Looking for more places to fly drones in the London/Surrey area and would like to create a meet-up where a group of us can go and fly.

Have a fantastic day and look forward to see you all out there! Thumbswayup
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Hi, where about is the drone area in Richmond Park?

We live near Heathrow and tend to go Bedfont Lakes. Good area to fly but close to Heathrow so restrictions apply.

On Google Maps you can see the flying field in Richmond park here. There is parking down the road and it's a 10 minute walk to the field. One thing to watch out for is there are no boundaries laid out. There's a sign/placard in the field, when I went it had been taken down and if you check out the field on YouTube, it's a 250 ft radius you're allowed to fly in. The field is under the tail end of the Heathrow runway and drones have to be kept under 150m and you'll need to accept the risks in the DJI app before taking off. Big thing to watch out for in the park is the deer! People will flock to the fields and drones seem to be a magnet for kids to run towards ?.

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll have to checkout Bedfont lakes Thumbswayup.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc