DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Long Island, NY

free2scour

Reactions
Good Evening All,

I received a Mavic Pro as a Christmas Gift and have been reading this very informative message board ever since. Winter has precluded me from actually taking my MP out for a test drive to this point. I have recently registered my MP, purchased a hard case, a couple extra batteries and a few other extras in anticipation for doing some flying real soon.

I live in Suffolk County within 5 miles of ISP, so flying in my own neighborhood isn't in the cards. Seems to be lots of restrictions all over this County, so finding comfortable flying spots may prove to be a challenge.

Anyway, any helpful hints are always welcome......

Happy flying!!

f2s

Reactions: Yoda007
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hi Free2Scour, welcome to the forum. Fellow Islander here, west of you from Nassau. I got mine back during Black Friday sale. I am learning about new places to fly myself but seems like Nassau county is a bit more open. I have been to Queens few time and flown a couple of times in Nassau as well.

Hello Welcome! Smithtown area MPP flyer. Bought mine just before the holidays, I have about 4 hours flight time practicing at the RC flying field on the grounds of Kings Park Psychiatric Center. Lots of room to try out your aircraft get some valuable flight time.

The airspace looks congested but it's not unusual for a drone pilot to need to drive 10 or 15 minutes from home to find a suitable flying spot.

My dad and I used to fly Piper Cubs out of Zahns in Amityville (Long time closed), and I will never forget tuning in to Deer Park VOR, and hearing the morse code transmission. -.. .--. -.- Things were so much easier back then.

Suffolk county airports.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf
*MAVIC PRO PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171123/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual V1.8.pdf
*MAVIC AIR QUICK START GUIDE: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/Mavic Air Quick Start Guide v1.0 .pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Good Evening All,

I received a Mavic Pro as a Christmas Gift and have been reading this very informative message board ever since. Winter has precluded me from actually taking my MP out for a test drive to this point. I have recently registered my MP, purchased a hard case, a couple extra batteries and a few other extras in anticipation for doing some flying real soon.

I live in Suffolk County within 5 miles of ISP, so flying in my own neighborhood isn't in the cards. Seems to be lots of restrictions all over this County, so finding comfortable flying spots may prove to be a challenge.

Anyway, any helpful hints are always welcome......

Happy flying!!

f2s
Howdy from Wyoming @free2scour , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hi Free2Scour, welcome to the forum. Fellow Islander here, west of you from Nassau. I got mine back during Black Friday sale. I am learning about new places to fly myself but seems like Nassau county is a bit more open. I have been to Queens few time and flown a couple of times in Nassau as well.
hey I live in Glen Cove looking for people to fly with

Reactions: coop64
Hi StevieG,

I live in Herricks not too far from Glen Cove, maybe we can fly together if it stops raining here, lately weekend weather has been crazy.

Hello Welcome! Smithtown area MPP flyer. Bought mine just before the holidays, I have about 4 hours flight time practicing at the RC flying field on the grounds of Kings Park Psychiatric Center. Lots of room to try out your aircraft get some valuable flight time.
Smithtown Mavic Air here. Got mine about a month ago - I've only flown around in the backyard so far, learning the basics and waiting for the weather to improve.

I thought the KP Psych Center was off limits in general let alone a location with a dedicated flying field. Is it open all the time? Are the RC guys welcoming to drone flyers? (I have heard of situations where RC flyers thumb their noses at drones and their pilots while aggressively protecting their flying areas). Any special permit required at KP?

Lindenhurst MP here.
Been building/flying multirotors for over a decade now (other aircraft much longer), but have had my MP since last Summer and it's most definitely the most amazing piece of engineering I've ever flown.
Looking for legal/worthwhile places to fly where I don't have to worry about being hassled by LEO's or the general public

Rick

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro