DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello - new Mavic Air user #waves

kevpuk

Reactions
Hi All

Just bought a Mavic Air, having been reading and researching for some time on a good product which will serve as strong start point and possibly not ever need to be 'upgraded'. Ordered Fly More combo, as seems to make sense, and spent an enjoyable hour or so yesterday flying around my cul-de-sac!

So far, watched a few vids (in advance) such as the excellent Beginners Guide elsewhere on these forums, and charged/firmware updated everything...… and burned through 3 battery charges already :)

Trying to decide on insurance...… firstly, whether to have or not and if so, leaning towards FlyIcarus with FPV membership too (covers all bases) at the moment, as it seems very comprehensive, rather than DJI Care Refresh - happy to take feedback!

Hi All

Just bought a Mavic Air, having been reading and researching for some time on a good product which will serve as strong start point and possibly not ever need to be 'upgraded'. Ordered Fly More combo, as seems to make sense, and spent an enjoyable hour or so yesterday flying around my cul-de-sac!

So far, watched a few vids (in advance) such as the excellent Beginners Guide elsewhere on these forums, and charged/firmware updated everything...… and burned through 3 battery charges already :)

Trying to decide on insurance...… firstly, whether to have or not and if so, leaning towards FlyIcarus with FPV membership too (covers all bases) at the moment, as it seems very comprehensive, rather than DJI Care Refresh - happy to take feedback!
Check with your home owner's insurance office too. Many companies will cover it under personal property. I know mine does, but I also bought the care package DJI sells too. Happy flying. I'm a newbie pilot too and LOVE this new hobby!!

Reactions: kevpuk
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! One of my drones is a Mavic Air, it's fun to fly. Plus if the weather is bad, I put the prop-guards on and buzz around indoors. As for insurance, I have State Farm PAP that covers all the drones plus my cameras. I talked to my agent and he confirms my home owners policy will cover any liability in case I fly though Granny's picture window. :p

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi All

Just curious how much does insurance run on your Mavic?

Hi Thomas
Do you know if there is a ‘kill switch’ option on the Mavic Air. I saw it demonstrated on a Phantom but can’t see how to do it with the MAvic Air?
Thanks
Sorry, I don’t. There must be a stick maneuver. Get the full manual at the link below. It’s at the very bottom.

Do you know if there is a ‘kill switch’ option on the Mavic Air
There isn't a kill switch like the Phantom. A CSC will only stop the motors mid-flight in the case of an emergency -- like if the Mavic Air crashes into a tree.

Per the Mavic Air manual:

Reactions: Thomas B
Hi All

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf