DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hey all from a wet and windy UK

Hi all,

Toying with the idea of getting a Drone... Yawn, I'm sure you've all heard that 000 times.

I've read up on the drone code and the updated laws I think I know enough to be dangerous.

Mini 2 seems a better bet given its swerve of the regulations, but the Air 2 is clearly a much better unit, obstacle ovoidance seems handy for newbies, no?

I live in Haslemere, Surrey and would love to know if any bods on here live close by and find themselves with enough locations to fly, without stepping the wrong side of the law. I'd love to see some in action and what can be done around where I live. Anyone close?

Its all hypothetical at the moment, I love the idea of it, but presently am unsure to take the plunge given the seemingly limited spots to fly it (more so with the MA2, but also to some extent with the MM2).

Thoughts opinions and comments welcome.

Jamie
Take the plunge buddy. Hello from San Jacinto Ca. I purchased the Mavic air 2 a lil less than a month ago. I must say that I have never found something that is so much and useful for photographic purposes. I'll be honest, I'm not into hobbies with too much maintenance but this is little to zero maintenance. It's all about having fun and being responsible since it's still a lil flying brick in the sky. Anyways have fun and any questions, just ask away. Everyone here is super helpful and nice. Look at me, after one month i sound like I know what I'm talking about, seriously have fun.

Welcome from a fellow Brit drone flyer! I'm in Norfolk.

As a beginner to the hobby there is much to be said for the MM2, particularly the cost of the entry point. The other quite big factor to consider as someone else alluded to are the new EASA drone rules that apply in the UK.

You will find the MA2 is far more restricted in areas you can fly compared to the sub 250g MM2 (or original MM for that matter). You can quite legally fly the MM2 out of your back yard, the MA2 - not so much.

I bought my first DJI drone at the latter half of last year and deliberately went for the original MM (the MM2 hadn't been released at that time). I got a very good deal on a refurbished FlyMore combo and managed quite a few flights before we went into lockdown and the great British weather turned a bit rubbish!

I really enjoyed my flights, the MM is a very easy drone to fly, is surprisingly adept at handling breezy conditions (nothing too serious) and yields some amazing photos and video. The MM2 is a step up in every regard with 4K and Occusync being the two major upgrades.

I'd say go for it, but consider carefully where you wish to fly it and the cost point. Whichever you choose, you'll have a lot of fun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb