DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Draper

I do have a question: I would like to include the Altitude AGL in my video. Is there a way of finding the Altitude(s) the drone was at after I get home from a flight?

The easiest way is to use the device screen recorder function and note the telemetry for reference when editing the video.

It's built in all Apple products.

But if flying with Android, this is a popular app available in the play store.

There's also software that uses the data from the video that allows you to customize it with on screen telemetry.

http://www.dashware.net/chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

I would like to include the Altitude AGL in my video. Is there a way of finding the Altitude(s) the drone was at after I get home from a flight?
Your question reminds me of the cartoon "Pickles" where Gramps cannot find his glasses because they are on his head…

You ask, "Is there a way of finding the Altitude(s) the drone was at after I get home from a flight?"

Well, "Gramps" (PS: we are about the same age…) you already have that information. You say you would like to include it in your videos so I guessing that you want to add that information as a comment, not as recoded telemetry constantly reading out on the video like when you record the date and time…

On your device (Phone or Tablet) open the DJI Fly App, no need to connect the controller or turn on the drone. On the Fly App Intro screen, Tap the Profile Icon on the lower Left, On the Profile Screen, Tap the MORE Button on the bottom Left.

This will bring up the Flight Data Center with all your recent flights; giving Date, Distance, Altitude, Duration, and All Aircraft.

Tap any one of the flights and the next screen will be a Google Style Map of your flight area with the flight path of your drone, you can zoom in. This screen is in video mode and start playing immediately.

On the Lower Left are some controls, playback speed, Move back one flight, pause Flight video, and move forward one video. Just above this is the flight info readout: speed, distance height, etc… This is what you asked about!!!

Across the bottom center and right is the playback bar, you can slide the ball around to replay any area of the flight.

On the Upper Right, are three buttons, the top one that looks like a "Lawn Dart" in a ring and it enables the Stick Control indicator (showing what you were dong to control the drone, it's easier to see in Satellite view…), Below that is the Home Ring, it centers the map on either the drone or the Home point. Below that is the Map selector Google Maps or Satellite view ( I prefer the Satellite view)…

Top Right are the telemetry readouts for the Battery (percentages and flight time remaining), number of satellites, and the transmission/reception strength.

Playing with this allows you to vicariously re-fly your flight and it provides all the flight data you need for your videos…

If you want a more complicated or sophisticated method to obtain this information then you will have to use one of the many programs that analyze the flight telemetry that many flyers use (mostly in an attempt to answer the question: why did mu drone crash?). I cannot help you with this… This is my "where are my glasses? Oh, they are on my head moment…"

While playing the flight telemetry on my Galaxy A8, I used the Screen Record as has been recommended by other member for you to use when flying. So, here is a YouTube Video I made of one of my "Flights of Fancy." I set playback to 8X (8 times normal speed) so you do not have to sit for 10-minutes of boring drone fluttering…

An Example of the Flight Telemetry that the DJI Fly App records...

Good Luck and I'm looking forward to watching your videos.

found.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Welcome aboard pilot . . . what a target rich environment Utah is. Beautiful state. . .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas