DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Eastbourne, East Sussex

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup
Ask this guy Signing in from East Sussex

You're actually very lucky living there ! There's almost no CAA flight restriction areas anywhere near you ! Local byelaws aside, you have the whole coastline available from Newhaven to Hastings ! Also, have look at the Google satellite map of the Eastbourne area - there are lots of patches of green surrounding the town, so zoom into those, and find all the nice safe places to fly in those bits that still give you spectacular views of the town / coast etc...

Last edited:
You're actually very lucky living there ! There's almost no CAA flight restriction areas anywhere near you ! Local byelaws aside, you have the whole coastline available from Newhaven to Hastings ! Also, have look at the Google satellite map of the Eastbourne area - there are lots of patches of green surrounding the town, so zoom into those, and find all the nice safe places to fly in those bits that still give you spectacular views of the town / coast etc...
Many thanks.

Just looking to buy a Mavic 2 Zoom. One concern is there enough places to fly in in the area of Eastbourne East Sussex? Any recommendations would be welcomed.

Hi,

In the UK the land between high and low water marks belong to the Queen and she has given permission to use this land - just for take off and landing.

You will have to abide with the UK guidelines regarding flying distance from people and buildings after yo have taken off.

If your beach is similar to mine in Hastings, you will have a good 90 minutes of take off and landing time.

You cannot fly a drone above 400ft or within a kilometre of an airport boundary - you must keep 50 mtrs away from people and private property and 150 mtrs away from congested areas and open air gatherings of 1000 plus people.

And, at the moment, that is about it.

In the UK the land between high and low water marks belong to the Queen and she has given permission to use this land
Is that written down anywhere officially ? I can't see many police believing that if I tell them it's the case ! And if it is the case, I wonder if that permission supersedes any council-enforced beach bans for example ??

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Last edited:
Hi,

In the UK the land between high and low water marks belongs to the Queen and she has given permission to use this land - just for take off and landing.

You will have to abide with the UK guidelines regarding flying distance from people and buildings after yo have taken off.

If your beach is similar to mine in Hastings, you will have a good 90 minutes of take off and landing time.

You cannot fly a drone above 400ft or within a kilometre of an airport boundary - you must keep 50 mtrs away from people and private property and 150 mtrs away from congested areas and open air gatherings of 1000 plus people.

And, at the moment, that is about it.
Many thanks

Last edited:
Is that written down anywhere officially ? I can't see many police believing that if I tell them it's the case ! And if it is the case, I wonder if that permission supersedes any council-enforced beach bans for example ??

This seems to say so :-

Metal detecting and drone flying | The Crown Estate

And there is a UK map of the locations you can fly from - - There looks to be a stretch of applicable foreshore just round the corner of Beachy Head

Who takes precedence over whom - I am not sure -

Thanks for the link. Actually it does make it clear that any local council bans take precedence, unfortunately.

I would print out just the bit that says you are legal to fly on Crown Estate land land and tell him you are flying from between low and high tide marks which is Crown Estate land and not from the beach where the council has judication

Just looking to buy a Mavic 2 Zoom. One concern is there enough places to fly in in the area of Eastbourne East Sussex? Any recommendations would be welcomed.
Howdy from Wyoming @Offerasum , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure