DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member from Ct

I know it wasn't repaired 'cause it's a different serial number.
Since the Mini 4 Pro is so new and your drone was brand new, they jprobably just esnt you a brand new drone... However…

Previously, you could identify a DJI refurbished product by looking at the serial number. All DJI refurbished products will have a serial number in which the fifth character is “S” or “R.” However, this might have changed…

Now, I believe that DJI has changed its process to ensure that you are getting a genuine DJI refurbished product. So, in order to differentiate between a new and an refurbished package, DJI instead uses a black sticker with "Refurbished" on it and will be refurbished down by its serial number.

So, I guess you should just look and let us know what you see and the results of your communications with DJI.

It helps to keep all of us informed…

Reactions: wjkrysak and RodPad
@LoudThunder
Good info!
Maybe there should be a thread just on the refurb / new numbers.

@Capt Pete
Yep, I think depends on many things, what they replace it with and when.
I sent a P2V+, 2 P3S under warranty, 2 where were repaired and 1 was a refurb.

Replaced under warranty, what was wrong never happened.

Rod ..

I received the "new" not refurbished MP4 today, covered under the DJI warrantee 10 days after returning the original with no video.
I got the package after dark but charged the batteries and started the new drone up inside the house. The video was fine and everything seemed good with the drone. I was hoping to find out what was wrong with the 1st mp4. Just very happy with the DJI service. My desktop wouldn't play the video but it showed fine on my laptop.

Welcome Capt. Pete. I'm from Old Lyme and live on the CT River just below Essex. This is eagle and osprey land along with the murmerating swallows and various hawks. The estuary provides quite a variety of conditions and activity. I noticed your estuary is Lake Pocotopaug.
What have you been able to do towards flying so far? If it's anything like here you probably had snow and ice? Ted

Reactions: LoudThunder
I don't know very much about the Lake Pocotopaug. I'm doing most of my flying in the Haddam area. After a poor start with a returned and replaced mini4 pro, it's been raining so much that it's been difficult to get out. I got the drone to get where my Nikon couldn't go, mostly bogs and marshes and parts of the Salmon River area. When (if) the weather gets better I hope to get down your way. There's so much to explore on and near this wonderful river.

Reactions: LoudThunder