DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

High Falls at Cheaha. Constructive criticism for better editing?

TheEMan199

Reactions
I know I panned and moved alot, but if anyone can mention any tricks for editing my next video, I would appreciate it!

Not so much editing but try to keep movements when recording slower and more purposeful.
Panning and gimbal tilt usually needs to be very slow or not included at all in the finished video.
It helps to imagine it almost like a short story which anyone with no knowledge of the place can follow, rather than jump about too much.
Quite often this might mean using clips more or less as you filmed them.

Always a good idea to record a few cutaway moments like hold stead on water hitting rocks in this one, you can use these as a less jolty transitions between different viewpoints when editing..

Not so much editing but try to keep movements when recording slower and more purposeful.
Panning and gimbal tilt usually needs to be very slow or not included at all in the finished video.
It helps to imagine it almost like a short story which anyone with no knowledge of the place can follow, rather than jump about too much.
Quite often this might mean using clips more or less as you filmed them.

Always a good idea to record a few cutaway moments like hold stead on water hitting rocks in this one, you can use these as a less jolty transitions between different viewpoints when editing..
So instead of panning on the rocks, I should have stayed still?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143