DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 High Flight

Long time no see, I think. If so welcome back. Nice video, scary heights.
With out starting an AGL debate can I ask, where you have this clearance / authorisation, does the 400ft AGL ceiling still apply?

AGL is AGL. Not a reference from the take off point. My communications with the FAA about this very scenario confirms that.
Although VLOS is an issue to be respected. (distance is obscured in this case) and I have no beef with that... really. Sorta
Love the contribution. Merry Christmas.

I'm curious, why did you not want us to see the distance from home?

Reactions: @Rip
Long time no see, I think. If so welcome back. Nice video, scary heights.
With out starting an AGL debate can I ask, where you have this clearance / authorisation, does the 400ft AGL ceiling still apply?
400 AGL is a hard rule. Flying higher than 400 feet above you is OK if you are climbing the side of a mountain. The approval I received is to allow for flight greater than 1,640 feet. I obtained this approval via the DJI Flysafe website.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I obtained this approval via the DJI Flysafe website.
Just for clarification, approval from DJI doesn't mean anything for flights outside FAA limits.

In future videos you may want to mention that the quickest way to get in trouble with the FAA is to rely on when the DJI Apps say it's okay to fly. They have virtually no correlation on actual airspace rules. They stop flights when you're allowed to fly, and allow flight when they shouldn't.

You may want to explain that more clearly.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoelP
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760