DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

hmm

In my case the Pause button is there for sheer excitement. Here's why. Fly flat out in Sport Mode at 40 or so mph and then right as the Mavic Pro crosses your path mash the PAUSE button. The Mavic Pro will literally stand on end (vertically) and stop. Its like it hits and invisible wall.

Real crowd pleaser!
ok,so there is a difference hitting pause and simply releasing the controls
THIS was in essence my question

You might find it helpful to go back and re-read the Mavic User Manual where these features are explained in some detail.

You might find it helpful to go back and re-read the Mavic User Manual where these features are explained in some detail.
for future reference,ive read it many times over,watched countless videos but some times things are not explained exactly as needed,im sure you've been there before

Sorry but at least for me the manuals DJI puts out are mediocre at best. However I'm basically a noob with the operating system. A year from now I might have a totally different view on this.

In my case the Pause button is there for sheer excitement. Here's why. Fly flat out in Sport Mode at 40 or so mph and then right as the Mavic Pro crosses your path mash the PAUSE button. The Mavic Pro will literally stand on end (vertically) and stop. Its like it hits and invisible wall.

Real crowd pleaser!

...while delicate bits of gimbal get bent and snapped by the g-force. Great fun, but I wouldn't do it too often.

{snip}...The Mavic Pro will literally stand on end (vertically) and stop. Its like it hits and invisible wall...{snip}

Did this ONCE by mistake! Interesting visual. Just make sure you continually check the Mavic for airframe cracks if you do this on a regular basis, though.

Huge difference in Sport Mode for sure.

Not worried about cracks or damage. Full Statefarm Insurance coverage here. I can slam my Mavic Pro into a wall at 40 mph and be covered. Not too sure about coverage for the crater in the wall though. LOL

Wouldn't abusing the insured equipment be an insurance fraud?

Good luck proving it. Was he out for a leisurely flight and just did not see the building with obstacle avoidance off or was he intentionally trying to slam his drone into a building?

The fact of the matter Statefarm representatives and insurance investigators are not well versed in all things Drone related as many of us are. This was clear when my local insurance representative did not even know if Statefarm insured drones when I first called. I was the first person in the area and potentially the state that wanted a personal article policy for my drone. She had to call me back after she did some research.

Good luck proving it. Was he out for a leisurely flight and just did not see the building with obstacle avoidance off or was he intentionally trying to slam his drone into a building?

The fact of the matter Statefarm representatives and insurance investigators are not well versed in all things Drone related as many of us are. This was clear when my local insurance representative did not even know if Statefarm insured drones when I first called. I was the first person in the area and potentially the state that wanted a personal article policy for my drone. She had to call me back after she did some research.
hell yeah,what state farm dont know cant hurt ya!
Personally tho I myself live with principles and scruples and won't consider compromising my principles just to get a free drone,,,,but that's just me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scout Aerial