DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hot power pack

K2tocci

Reactions
37de83dd1d615153cae8449148cfe155.jpg
. Does anybody else notice if their power pack gets extremely hot is there anything I need to worry about with this I hope it doesn't start a fire I'm afraid to charge my batteries unattended

It depends on what you mean by - extremely hot ? It should be warm to the touch, not burning you. If you cant hold it in your hand, then something must be wrong internally, and would not use it.

Reactions: K2tocci
Not so hot where I can't hold it but I have to say it's pretty ******* hot

Ok, maybe someone else will chime in to help solve this problem. I just go on what i feel from say the heat from my laptop's charger, and they both feel the same. Remember the Dji charger just charge one battery at a time, so it shouldnt get crazy hot.

Mine gets pretty hot too. Enough to make you wonder but from the posts so far sounds normal. Maybe we should all charge with an eye out ( attended ) you hear allot these days about batteries that catch fire ( cell phone, e cigs )

I live in the UK and the climate is normally pretty cool here.. However I must say that I notice alot of my chargers and devices run hotter on the times when the climate is warmer. It definitely effects things.

I just happened to notice how warm it gets a couple days ago. I guess that is just normal for it.

Mine also gets pretty hot, again not so hot as being unable to hold it, but considerably hotter than other Lipo chargers I have used in R/C

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jose Molina