DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How about Sub Divisions for Photos and Videos ?

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
This is a little bit of hot mess :

So many of us have our Niche as to where we put our focus and its difficult to get thu the mass of pictures and videos posted.

the poster can add what drone is being used , and both videos and pictures can be in the same Sub Divsion so need to Separate those.

Storms and Lighting Pics and Videos
Sunsets and land Scapes
Oceans and lakes
Back yard Flights
Objects in the sky
Way Point Missions
DJI auto flights
Flight tests
Editing an color Grades
Travel an Story

These are some ideas I have , but I think this will be much more favorable for this part of the forum.
Let me know what you think ?

UPDATED: Possible using an AI script to do the Tedious work of moving Posts . This is already in place in my Email Client.

Maybe we can get them to Add some Sub Divsions or add something I missed.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water , and Capture the Storms Pics

Last edited:
Reactions: js47 and Rchawks
I can understand separating Videos and Photos, but the subcategories mentioned would cause a nightmare for moderators to move to the correct location (IMHO).

I dont think moving them would work as you can keep them archived .

Just starting with New Posts would work and anyone wanting to move there own threads could post them in the new Section, something like that and they can add what drone it was taken on so that information was still there.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

I dont think moving them would work as you can keep them archived .

Just starting with New Posts would work and anyone wanting to move there own threads could post them in the new Section, something like that and they can add what drone it was taken on so that information was still there.

Phantomrain.org
Wouldn’t tags serve a similar function and be easier on the poor moderators?

Wouldn’t tags serve a similar function and be easier on the poor moderators?
Not sure why it would even envolve the mods, , Even if someone. posted in the wrong Sub Divsion it just means there loosing out on those interested in there subject .

I also feel all the Forum Members Police this place really well so if someone were to dare post a sunset under storms they would let them know. So I think were good and the Mods can rest easy.

Phantomrain.org

Reactions: Jolsongoude
I can understand separating Videos and Photos, but the subcategories mentioned would cause a nightmare for moderators to move to the correct location (IMHO).
Personally, I would rather see the Mini 3 category divided into Mini 3 Pro and Mini 3.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
It could be a mess though, tags work (but I've never used them myself).
The photo title is used, very well by you @Phantomrain.org so people can see what the subject is, my thought is that should be enough, and not having to go through a myriad of various sub categories to see what photos (and / or videos) have been posted.

Personally, I would rather see the Mini 3 category divided into Mini 3 Pro and Mini 3.

The drone model tag separates that into those categories, not sure if the mini models are all separated, but could be done if not.
They should be separated, but looks like they are ? (Not sure about original Mini, didn't dive too deep.)

photos.jpg

I don't post much on this forum in general, and my videos and photos are no so good and I know it, so I don't post them at all ....but I find the present manner in which they are done to be fine and as a moderator on a different forum, I can tell you that moving posts around and taking care of reports of posts in wrong forums, notifying OP that his post has been moved....all gets tedious, and there is no point in having different categories, if you are not going to move incorrectly posted ones:cool:

I think the solution is goign to be an AI script to delegate where the posts go similar to how my Emial is working now.

This would help in the Tedious , and Mods would only be needed for the Deliberat and Escalating events allowing for more focus elsewhere.

Phantomrain.org

So many of us have our Niche as to where we put our focus and its difficult to get thu the mass of pictures and videos posted.

the poster can add what drone is being used , and both videos and pictures can be in the same Sub Divsion so need to Separate those.

Sunsets and land Scapes
Oceans and lakes
Back yard Flights
Objects in the sky
Way Point Missions
DJI auto flights
Flight tests
Editing an color Grades
Travel an Story

These are some ideas I have , but I think this will be much more favorable for this part of the forum.

UPDATED: Possible using an AI script to do the Tedious work of moving Posts . This is already in place in my Email Client.

Phantomrain.org
Go to United States Done Society, We have a contest for everyday of the week!

Sunsets and land Scapes
Oceans and lakes
Back yard Flights
Objects in the sky
Way Point Missions
DJI auto flights
Flight tests
Editing an color Grades
Travel an Story

Phantomrain.org
Cole;

Yes, in theory, it would be nice to be able to only have to open those subjects we are interested in. However, the way the forum presents right now, it actually opens my mind to what is actually being done throughout the entire drone community. I learn something new (or more than one thing on most days) every day.

We already have a lot of polarization in our lives, and I not think it would be such a great idea to add to it. I would rather pick and chose from the existing list. I can go through the daily presentations quite fast, choosing what I want to watch, and find items I actually never thought about or wanted to learn more about. I think the present format is just fine for me. It's a good mix of all strata of pilots.

Dale
Miami

Sunsets and land Scapes
Oceans and lakes
Back yard Flights
Objects in the sky
Way Point Missions
DJI auto flights
Flight tests
Editing an color Grades
Travel an Story

Phantomrain.org
Just require those as tags. That would do the same thing!

I see so many posts get 0 Responses as they get lost in the mess , maybe because of bad titling. I thought this might be a good solution to increase views as most do not use the search or tags .

Phantomrain.org
Wet Suits to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne