DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How does GEO 2.0 get applied to Mavic 1?

vashon100

Reactions
I saw some threads in Mavic 2 forum about it, but didn't understand the timing applicability with Mavic Pro (1).
I have an old version of firmware and DJI GO4 (about 1yr old) and don't update.

Does it get applied via firmware update, such that I'd have to update firmware to get the new GEO 2.0?

Yes it does ... Geo-fencing get's applied to the Mavic and Go 4 through updates of both i.e. update your Go 4 from Apple/Google and then apply the updates to your Mavic.

I saw some threads in Mavic 2 forum about it, but didn't understand the timing applicability with Mavic Pro (1).
I have an old version of firmware and DJI GO4 (about 1yr old) and don't update.

Does it get applied via firmware update, such that I'd have to update firmware to get the new GEO 2.0?
This new system has put me right in the outskerts of a nfz now. every time i try to take off i have to tick and confirm my flight.
If i was about a mile away id be restricted from flying my drone ive seen alot of people its happend too where this new system has put them into a nfz circle.

Beware not all geofences are showing on DJI Goe Zones. It will show airports but does not show AMA air parks. If fly into one of these areas it will auto land you. A good app to see these zones is Kittyhawk.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760