DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How easy is it to have DJI warranty done?

Sjez

Reactions
My son's Mavic comes up with a Right Front Sensor Error. This error came up after the last firmware update (6).
Having not had any dealings in the past, what steps need to be done to have this rectified. I believe that it would come under general warranty as opposed to the Care plan. Only 3 batteries flight time and no crashes.
Anyone been through a similar process.. and what's the average turn around time.

Go to the support page on the website and contact them - supposing you purchased straight from DJI, otherwise see with wherever you bought it from. :rolleyes:

Turn around time.... Anything goed between 1 and 6 weeks it seems.

Reactions: Sjez
Have you tried calibrating the sensors with DJI Assistant?
7e7de120b5ac026a87f1ad2621bcc66f.jpg

I have. As you can see one camera image is dead. So there is no way I can calibrate. Any suggestions? But I think it's going back.

I just got mine returned after a crash into some power lines. From me sending the unit in to getting it back took a little over a month.
My package was 100% by the letter as well so there were no hiccups on my side. When they update the process they will say things like "inspecting item - please allow 2 days" then after 5 days it would update again.
Don't get your hopes up on their updates, they are full of it.

My son's Mavic comes up with a Right Front Sensor Error. This error came up after the last firmware update (6).
If you're sure the firmware upgrade caused the problem, then try downgrading the firmware to see if the problem goes away.

If you're sure the firmware upgrade caused the problem, then try downgrading the firmware to see if the problem goes away.
It took 3 days to upgrade numerous stalls. Same error showed in rolling back to 5. My own Mavic upgraded in about 20min. Both purchased at same time. Go figure. [emoji57]

Same error showed in rolling back to 5.
What happens when you try to do a factory reset in the DJI Assistant 2 app?

A factory reset just seems to put all the settings back to shipping status. So... a reset of version 6 firmware remains as that version six. Rolling back to earlier versions doesn't make any difference.
I spoke to DJI chat and they suggested a factory reset. But on follow up they said it needs to come back for evaluation.
A dead front right sensor needs to be repaired or replaced. So ... I'll start the repair process by getting in touch with my supplier. Hopefully I won't experience some of the frustrations of others who went down the same path.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph