DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How is "post processing" done?

Wade Gizzy

Reactions
Does DJI provide post processing software, or is it done in something like Photoshop?

No DJI doesn't provide it. It means to edit your video or photo and make tweaks to the exposure, color etc and stitch different clips together. Typically you purchase a program like photoshop (for photos, not video) to preform the task.

No DJI doesn't provide it. It means to edit your video or photo and make tweaks to the exposure, color etc and stitch different clips together. Typically you purchase a program like photoshop (for photos, not video) to preform the task.
Do you use Photoshop for photos to do post processing on a video?

Post production for photos or video. You mention Photoshop... so no to post production of photos. Pretty much any photo viewing software contains some limited post production ability.

DJI _does_ provide for some limited post production... it is built into the DJI Go app. If you read the online manual you will find instructions there.

If you want to know about video editors, please use the search feature of the forum.

There are lots of free or low cost options available for editing stills.Good to start with one and see what you might need in a paid software if your needs require it.Not familiar with free video software but there may be suitable programs available.A Google search will start you off.Are you using a Mac or PC?

I am using a PC. I really didn't have any idea of how to start. My guess is my demands are going to be rudimentary. I did buy some photoshop software that manages video. I am guessing it will more than suffice for my purposes.

Some of the free software available they also be all I want. I just didn't have a clue of which direction to go.

There’s a 30day free trial period for Adobe products, including Photoshop and Premier. Photoshop is primarily for stills and Premier is for videos. Both are complex and will take a learning curve, of which there are a lot of good online tutorials and books. Before starting the trials, try getting your materials first so you are not wasting the 30 day trial. The regular price for these programs are not cheap, and they require a subscription.

A good choice for beginners that does not need a subscription is Adobe Premier Elements,. By the way, all Adobe products are on sale this week:

Easy Video Editor & Movie Maker Software | Adobe Premiere Elements 2019

As mentioned previously, there are other options out there, many for free. Before diving into Photoshop for stills, try using GIMP.org, its free and has online tutorials.

Here’s some other video options:

The Best Video Editing Software of 2018

Last edited:
I'm a stills photographer and use lightroom/photoshop daily.

For my drone videos, I just purchased (cheap for lifetime use) and downloaded Filmora. Its really easy to use for first timers.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
For Video, on PC, consider Divinci (free version) and or Premier Pro, (not free) I would recommend the subscription model, for Photoshop and Premier, should be 19.99 a month.

First and foremost, go to youtube and search for video editing (drones or any video).

As a still photographer for over 40 years, and digital users since 1999, I can assure you Video editing is a totally different experience.

Also, you should also try using the "free" video editing that DJIGO4 offers. You can make pretty nice videos with this toolset, for a start. DJIgo4 does most of the work, you just pick the clips you want. Not a bad starting place.

Paul C

For video editing i would recomend DaVinci Resolve 15. The free version will do all you ever want. It is a steep learning curve but there are pleanty of instructional videos on Utube.

Reactions: AMann
Does DJI provide post processing software, or is it done in something like Photoshop?
If you dont want to spend the money to buy post production software you should download the free version of Lightroom CC. It is a good starting point especially for those of you who dont know LR yet.

I'm a stills photographer and use lightroom/photoshop daily.

For my drone videos, I just purchased (cheap for lifetime use) and downloaded Filmora. Its really easy to use for first timers.
Thanks for the pointer on that Filmora software ... It's probably nowhere near the power of Adobe 'whatever' - but it's easy to use and not all that resource intense on my PC. I've purchased the lifetime license and that gives the ability to output the project in all the different file types which at the end of the day - is a must have.

I’ve started using Affinity Photo and for the money it’s brilliant. I don’t miss my Adobe CC subscription at all.

I also use DxO for some RAW processing as it is very powerful if it has your camera / lens combo in its library.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrews297