DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How long until DJI cease support for Air2S

Marjonkay

Reactions
With all the enthusiasm for Mavic 3, and Pro - I find myself wondering how long until DJI cease to support the Air2S which I have had for about a year - After being burnt with a Phantom 2 and unable to source batteries for it I wonder how long until something similar happens to me with the Air 2S.
Would welcome your thoughts on this.

I hope they keep supporting it for a while Its my workhorse drone due to the cheap price of the Batteries The Air2s is one great drone. I am sure a Mavic Air3 is getting designed and developed as we speak or already done. But it will be awhile before I would be willing to retire my Air 2S, Even after they stop supporting it, the Air2s will be around for a few more years in secondary and parts sales. So I wouldn't worry to much about it. ALSO there are people that will make you batteries as long as they can get an old Battery Shell.

Reactions: Pallidin
The Air 2s might be my upgrade if needed.

It's not in my budget to pursue the new stuff and I hope the A2s will l be around for awhile as I fly it's sibling, the MA2.

The batteries work with both, along with all the accessories I already have for the MA2.

Also, the Air 2s is RID compliant here in the States without having to add a module later this year.

Kind of off topic a little but, I have some concerns too. I recently bought an Air 2 due to the price drop, it’s my first DJI. I also just bought the DJI FPV, again, for the price drop. If I’m not mistaken, both are discontinued. Ha, I still don’t want to be paying them off and not be able to use them !🤔

Kind of off topic a little but, I have some concerns too. I recently bought an Air 2 due to the price drop, it’s my first DJI. I also just bought the DJI FPV, again, for the price drop. If I’m not mistaken, both are discontinued. Ha, I still don’t want to be paying them off and not be able to use them !🤔
You can use your drone as long as it will fly; DJI is not going to ground your drone. Just buy the 2 year care refresh and you are covered for at least 2 years. DJI will continue to support your drone as long as you have a warranty. The FPV drone still has a couple years left of support, at least. They have plenty of parts and software and knowledge. If by discontinue you means DJI has stopped making them in a factory in China? Yes, that happened long ago. Makes zero sense for DJI to still make them especially when they cannot legally re: RID.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu