DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh Renewal

AroundTheWorld

Reactions
Hello,

I'm the owner of a Mavic 3 Classic and I have a few questions regarding the DJI Care Refresh.

How long at maximum is it possible to insure my drone with the DJI Care Refresh? Is there a time limit or can I renew it infinitely?

If my 1 year plan is about to expire, can I renew it either with the one year or two year plan or does it need to be the same as the first choice?

What will happen at the end of the renewal? Are they going to allow me to renew it again?

Thanks for your help

Recently DJI has changed the program slightly so you can "refresh" your understanding of the program here: DJI Care Refresh - Support - DJI

As far as I know, 2 years is the maximum and if you start out with one year, you can renew for an additional year.

Recently DJI has changed the program slightly so you can "refresh" your understanding of the program here: DJI Care Refresh - Support - DJI

As far as I know, 2 years is the maximum and if you start out with one year, you can renew for an additional year.

Thanks for your link

It's written that it is possible to insure the drone up to 3 years but that the two years plan will not be offered during the renewal process

Does it mean that the only way to insure the drone for three years is to select the two years plan at first and then to renew the service for one year?

Or can I cover my drone for three years with 3 renewal of the one year plan?

Thanks for your link

It's written that it is possible to insure the drone up to 3 years but that the two years plan will not be offered during the renewal process

Does it mean that the only way to insure the drone for three years is to select the two years plan at first and then to renew the service for one year?

I would guess the former. A quick email to Dji support would get you the 100% correct answer.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Thanks for your link

I would guess the former. A quick email to Dji support would get you the 100% correct answer.
Agreed, you'll want to confirm with DJI directly. They provided an answer in the FAQ but it's take a minute to figure out exactly what they are saying: DJI Care Refresh - Information - Support - DJI

② Renewal: Renew DJI Care Refresh (1 -Year Plan) only if meeting all the criteria
· DJI Care Refresh is purchased and one of the following criteria is met:
-DJI Care Refresh (1-Year Plan) has already been purchased.
-DJI Care Refresh (2-Year Plan) has already been purchased.
-DJI Care Refresh (1-Year Plan) and DJI Care Refresh + have been purchased.
-DJI Care Refresh (1-Year Plan) has been purchased and the 1-Year Plan is renewed.
· DJI Care Refresh (1-Year Plan) purchased has not yet expired or expired within 15 days.

Different device models have varying durations for the renewal of DJI Care Refresh. Please refer to the actual purchase information on DJI Store for the specific number of available renewals. On the purchase page of DJI Store, enter the device's serial number (SN). If "The purchase limit of the service plan for the product S/N you entered has been reached, and additional purchase is not available." is displayed, it indicates that the SN is not eligible for DJI Care Refresh renewal.

Reactions: Yogi053
Agreed, you'll want to confirm with DJI directly. They provided an answer in the FAQ but it's take a minute to figure out exactly what they are saying: DJI Care Refresh - Information - Support - DJI

② Renewal: Renew DJI Care Refresh (1 -Year Plan) only if meeting all the criteria
-DJI Care Refresh (1-Year Plan) has been purchased and the 1-Year Plan is renewed.
· DJI Care Refresh (1-Year Plan) purchased has not yet expired or expired within 15 days.

Different device models have varying durations for the renewal of DJI Care Refresh. Please refer to the actual purchase information on DJI Store for the specific number of available renewals. On the purchase page of DJI Store, enter the device's serial number (SN). If "The purchase limit of the service plan for the product S/N you entered has been reached, and additional purchase is not available." is displayed, it indicates that the SN is not eligible for DJI Care Refresh renewal.
Yep, great answer mavic3usa!

If it's the former then it means that those who selected the one year plan at first are screwed.

I emailed DJI to be sure

My one year plan has expired 10 days ago so I'm eligible to a 1 year renewal but I'm wondering if I will be able to renew it again at the end of the period just like it would have been the case if I had chosen the two years plan first and then a one year renewal

Let's wait for the answer from DJI but I hope I won't be penalized because I chose the shortest plan in the first place.

My one year plan has expired 10 days ago so I'm eligible to a 1 year renewal but I'm wondering if I will be able to renew it again at the end of the period just like it would have been the case if I had chosen the two years plan first and then a one year renewal

Let's wait for the answer from DJI but I hope I won't be penalized because I chose the shortest plan in the first place.
Yes let's wait but I believe you would qualify under the condition that I highlighted. As I said, DJI isn't really clear about this.

So today, you qualify for the Renewal: Renew DJI Care Refresh (1 -Year Plan) because:

A year from now, you qualify for the Renewal: Renew DJI Care Refresh (1 -Year Plan) because:

That's the way I read it but as you said, please check with DJI to be sure. You also might want to check on your 10 days post expiration on your non-Refresh+ plan; video verification notwithstanding.

BTW, I always buy the 2-year plan mostly because it's cheaper.

Yeah I read it that way too so it should be fine. Oh do I have to send a video showing that the drone is fully functioning? Because right now I'm abroad and I don't have my Mavic with me. I hope that I just have to buy the renewal within 15 days of expiration and that I can send the video later cause I won't be able to do it before I got home

Yeah I read it that way too so it should be fine. Oh do I have to send a video showing that the drone is fully functioning? Because right now I'm abroad and I don't have my Mavic with me. I hope that I just have to buy the renewal within 15 days of expiration and that I can send the video later cause I won't be able to do it before I got home
Not sure if there is a grace period for automatic renewal but if there is, you won't need the video verification. Sounds to me like you would have a exception case anyway.

Not sure if there is a grace period for automatic renewal but if there is, you won't need the video verification. Sounds to me like you would have a exception case anyway.
Yeah hopefully. And what happens for people who are trying to renew their subscription more than 15 days after the expiration date? Won't they be able to fly protected anymore ?

Yeah hopefully. And what happens for people who are trying to renew their subscription more than 15 days after the expiration date? Won't they be able to fly protected anymore ?
You should check your original 1-year service agreement or the renewal notices they send for those details. As I mentioned, I haven't purchased a 1-year agreement lately so I'm not sure what it says about renewal and expiration. In the past, when there was a thing called Refresh+ there was a 15-day grace period.

DJI is pretty good about making minor exceptions and they have been known to hand out refresh to drones that are years old and never been sign up with only a simple video verification. I'm sure if you go to try to renew today, you can find out pretty quickly if you are eligible.

You should check your original 1-year service agreement or the renewal notices they send for those details. As I mentioned, I haven't purchased a 1-year agreement lately so I'm not sure what it says about renewal and expiration. In the past, when there was a thing called Refresh+ there was a 15-day grace period.

DJI is pretty good about making minor exceptions and they have been known to hand out refresh to drones that are years old and never been sign up with only a simple video verification. I'm sure if you go to try to renew today, you can find out pretty quickly if you are eligible.
Yeah I'm eligible for one more year, maybe 2 if DJI confirms what we said before and I have a 15-day grace period so it should be fine even if the protection has expired. It's just that I would have preferred to leave my drone uncovered for a month or two since I don't plan to use it and I would have renewed the DJI Care Refresh for my next travel but I don't think it's possible. I don't know either if it's possible to renew it outside the DJI website cause I can get a discount. Many things are not clear so as you said, I will check my agreement to see if I can find more informations and I will try to contact DJI to ask them my questions. Thanks a lot for your help

Reactions: mavic3usa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078