How many quads does it take to change a light bulb ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dam, Nov 22, 2016.

1. dam

dam Well-Known Member

2. grizzard

grizzard Well-Known Member

Great job and I see it works well .... I have another idea that also might work. I use on a long painter's pole for removing my outside mercury vapor lamps, that you can modify for ceiling light bulbs. Take a 7UP (or smaller) empty plastic bottle and cut the bottom off so you have the approximate light bulb depth when inserted. Then rubber glue a cut up strip of the rubber shelving roll that is often used in RVs to keep stuff from sliding to the inside. (Walmart) The finished inside size should be slightly firm so it will grab the bulb. Mount the neck end of the modified 7Up bottle on the quad-copter, fly up and unscrew ... and retrieve without breaking. Possibly .... :D

3. erkme73

erkme73 Well-Known Member

This got a good belly laugh from me. Good way to end the day. As for other tips, if you ever have a helium balloon stuck on a high ceiling where you can't reach the string, use a second helium balloon with double-stick tape (or tape rolled over on itself) at the tip... Let the second balloon rise up to touch the other with the tape, and the reel them both in. Or, use a drone.

grizzard likes this.
  4. HeavensAbove

HeavensAbove Well-Known Member

I use a ladder and save myself a lot of time, effort and money on wasted bulbs ;-)

Cool that you managed it eventually, but have to wonder how many bulbs and takes it took? The patience must be strong in you sir.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

5. vashon100

vashon100 Well-Known Member

Wife: Now will you stop playing around and take it outside to mow the lawn like we got it for!