DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many quads does it take to change a light bulb ?

Great job and I see it works well .... I have another idea that also might work. I use on a long painter's pole for removing my outside mercury vapor lamps, that you can modify for ceiling light bulbs. Take a 7UP (or smaller) empty plastic bottle and cut the bottom off so you have the approximate light bulb depth when inserted. Then rubber glue a cut up strip of the rubber shelving roll that is often used in RVs to keep stuff from sliding to the inside. (Walmart) The finished inside size should be slightly firm so it will grab the bulb. Mount the neck end of the modified 7Up bottle on the quad-copter, fly up and unscrew ... and retrieve without breaking. Possibly .... :D

This got a good belly laugh from me. Good way to end the day. As for other tips, if you ever have a helium balloon stuck on a high ceiling where you can't reach the string, use a second helium balloon with double-stick tape (or tape rolled over on itself) at the tip... Let the second balloon rise up to touch the other with the tape, and the reel them both in. Or, use a drone.

Reactions: grizzard
I use a ladder and save myself a lot of time, effort and money on wasted bulbs ;-)

Cool that you managed it eventually, but have to wonder how many bulbs and takes it took? The patience must be strong in you sir.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Wife: Now will you stop playing around and take it outside to mow the lawn like we got it for!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan