How Mavic performs against winds? Can be compared to Phantom 3/4?

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by peros550, Oct 28, 2016.

1. peros550

peros550 Member

I 've seen people saying that Mavic is very stable and other people saying that they didn't feel it as stable as a Phantom 4 against the wind.

I would like to call people who have received their units tell us their observations on this

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

2. kmaluo

kmaluo Well-Known Member

I'll be flying today in 20 mph winds, but so far my take is this. The Mavic may appear less wind capable at first because it seems more twitchy than the Phantoms. This is especially true when braking. This makes sense since it's smaller with weaker motors, and has to physically use more extreme angles to achieve similar flight motions. I actually enjoy the more aggressive behavior of the Mavic, but it is also quite stable in the windy conditions with no extreme stick inputs.

3. Advexure

Advexure Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

Los Angeles, CA - New York, NY - Sheboygan, WI
    Instead of calling let's get some input here on the forum as I'm sure you are not the only member that would benefit from this information.