HOW TO: Calibrate Remote Controller on Mavic Pro

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com

I have seen this video referenced several times when people ask how to calibrate the controller. My problem is the screen shown is not the screen I see on DJI GO 4 app. The screen on the Go 4 app just shows circles with percentages instead of squares around the sticks. The instructions say to move the sticks around several times and then press "finish" (the only button says "Done"). There is no line tracing around the circle or any indication that you are doing anything right or wrong, just the percentages changing as you move the sticks and the gimbal. Then it times out. Do you need to update the video or am I doing something wrong?

After calibrating the sticks, did you move the gimbal wheel as shown in the video above? If you don't, the calibration will time out since it's waiting for you to complete that step.

Last edited:
Yes, I did move the gimbal, but I don't even know if I did calibrate the sticks. As I said there is no indication that you are doing anything wrong or right. Have you not tried calibrating the controller with the new UI? What is the feedback that tells you you are doing it right? What exactly is the procedure? You know, an explanation of how to do it, like in the old video.

Never mind. I found my problem. You have to be connected to the usb port on the side and not the one on the bottom. Once connected to the right usb the screen is just like the video. My bad, but thanks anyway.

There is a known issue with the android version of the apps for this. Mine only displays the circles as you described regardless of where I plug my device in. If I switch over to an iPad Mini and use the IOS app, it works correctly every time....Here is a video showing the issue I posted over on the DJI forum. One of the DJI forum moderators said they would report it but still haven't heard anything back.

Yea, that is the screen I was getting when I had my Galaxy Tab connected to the bottom usb. When I connected my Galaxy S7 to the side port it worked just like it was supposed to. Maybe it was the port, maybe it was the device.The problem is solved for me, so I will leave it to others to stand on my shoulders in the search for the ever elusive answer to the question 'Why?'.

P.S. My guess is that it has something to do with different android version.

Yea, that is the screen I was getting when I had my Galaxy Tab connected to the bottom usb. When I connected my Galaxy S7 to the side port it worked just like it was supposed to. Maybe it was the port, maybe it was the device.The problem is solved for me, so I will leave it to others to stand on my shoulders in the search for the ever elusive answer to the question 'Why?'.

P.S. My guess is that it has something to do with different android version.
must be since I tried both ports after reading your post and it had the same results as I posted in the video....

I'm here with the same issue. Using S7. I cannot calibrate the stick. I have calibrated the gimbal and the roll. Will tomorrow calibrate the compass when I am outside. But mine is a square that it's perimeter lights up in blue when done, then immediately below is the gimbal test, that the line lights up temporarily in blue. I don't see at all the word "finish", except "done". So when I press "done" I do the square thing again and keep on going round in a circle! Maybe it's a sequencing thing that I need the IMU calibration done successfully before I can do the remote controller? Any help folks would be appreciated. PS I am using the left side micro USB port.

Hmm still baffled, I have successfully calibrated IMU and gimbal. But for the joystick calibration I get the two blue squares completed, the gimbal blue line but no "finish", only "done" and it asks me again to do everything again. Not sure what is going on. Am using a S7, all firmware is update. Do I ignore the joystick calibration ? Any ideas folks what is going on? PS my mavic is only a week old.

Hmm still baffled, I have successfully calibrated IMU and gimbal. But for the joystick calibration I get the two blue squares completed, the gimbal blue line but no "finish", only "done" and it asks me again to do everything again. Not sure what is going on. Am using a S7, all firmware is update. Do I ignore the joystick calibration ? Any ideas folks what is going on? PS my mavic is only a week old.
It is an APP issue for the Android devices. Works flawlessly on IOS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan