DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 How to crash

Ben B

Reactions
In case anyone needs a lesson in crashing. The trick to successfully pulling off a crash like this is to line it up by eye from the ground rather than looking through the drone camera view.

I was amazed how resilient this little drone is. No major damage, it recovered to a hover, and just some scratched props, which I'll replace.

In case anyone needs a lesson in crashing. The trick to successfully pulling off a crash like this is to line it up by eye from the ground rather than looking through the drone camera view.

I was amazed how resilient this little drone is. No major damage, it recovered to a hover, and just some scratched props, which I'll replace.
OUCH ,I think we have all been there ,Mini 3 takes a lickin keeps on .....

Reactions: Ben B
I hear you. I lost mine last week while flying near a tree and managed to back into another tree branch. From the ground it looked safe, but the perspective changes rapidly as you ascend. Minor nicks on a propeller, but when it finally fell to the ground it landed on the left front leg and irretrievably damaged the connection between the leg and the body of the drone. New one on the way...

Ouch, glad it wasn't damaged badly. This is why I love the Avata, doing shots like that are a piece of cake and if you do hit something, it will usually bounce away, still keep fling and be good to go.

Amazing that it recovered by itself.

I had a similar experience when a gust of wind hit the aircraft just as I was hand-catching. I've never heard such snarling and yowling from the props as it attempted recovery, but a second later, it landed right side up in foot-tall dead grass.

No damage to either the aircraft or my catching hand. :) It was a good warning, though, about the dangers of hand catching in windy situations.

Amazing that it recovered by itself.

I had a similar experience when a gust of wind hit the aircraft just as I was hand-catching. I've never heard such snarling and yowling from the props as it attempted recovery, but a second later, it landed right side up in foot-tall dead grass.

No damage to either the aircraft or my catching hand. :) It was a good warning, though, about the dangers of hand catching in windy situations.

I did give myself a decent cut on the finger hand catching once. That was on the 1st gen Mini, which has really sharp props!

I did give myself a decent cut on the finger hand catching once. That was on the 1st gen Mini, which has really sharp props!
Somewhere recently I saw video of someone sticking their finger directly into a Mini 3 prop with no damage to either finger or propeller. When you think about it, there's probably really no need for extreme rigidity with these props. As demonstrated by the relatively relaxed attachment mechanism, centrifugal force keeps them straight.

I'm not sticking my finger in there to test it, though. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting