DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to fly above 120m in EU?

twentytree

Reactions
I have a Mini 4 Pro bought this year that I would like to fly in hilly/mountainous areas. Is it possible to do this? I've read some conflicting (or at least confusing) information on whether the A1, A2, A3 certs will allow me to fly above 120m. Does anyone know is it possible? Thanks.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

You can fly 120m above ground level unless in an Airspace restricted area

Reactions: Prop Wash
C0 certified drones such as the Mini 4 Pro are limited to 120m height relative to the home point. You can re-certify the Mini 4 Pro to be C1 classified, then the limit is 120m over current ground position instead. So the limit within the Fly app can be set up to 500m and it's your task to ensure it won't be higher than 120m over actual ground.
But legally flying a C1 classified drones implies having the A1/A3 knowledge certificate. Also remember that your drone must have an operator id label on it.

Last edited:
And C1 drone sends your gps position to all, who want's to lisen. So you should buy the drone before 2024, like me, and then declasify to legacy drone :), so no label, no class no public gps of me. But, I need A1/A3 exam, no problem. We need it in CR.

Or you can buy cracked dji fly, with no 120m limit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007