DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to remove moire/aliasing?

Pituophis

Reactions
Anyone have any fix for aliasing/moire? I shoot in 4k@30fps with 1/60 shutter speed and with ND filters
Can this be fixed with changing settings or does this have to be done post?
I have seen plug ins for video software(I'm using DaVinci Resolve since it's free) that will fix it but they are all $75 or higher. For now, since I'm just shooting footage as a hobbyist, I'd rather not spend more than $50 on software.

It's just really annoying to see for me.

It's pretty tough to get rid of it once it's there. Two things to try that are fairly easy - (1) reduce the sharpness or (2) you can render out the video at a lower resolution which sometimes works.

You can apply Gaussian Blur at a very low setting, or reduce sharpness at recording or editing stage.
It is interesting if you view it on youtube at lower resolutions it more or less goes away - see point above.

I've tried sharpness at -1 -2 and -3, I've noticed it on all of those sharpnesses, and I don't really want to go too soft. I've heard that it's something to do with the 8th frame being a reference or something? I don't really know what it means.
Here's an unedited video
4k 30 fps, ND32, 1/60 shutter, ISO was either 100 or 200.

Don't lower the sharpness while shooting. Decrease sharpness or add a Gaussian blur in post.

I watched my footage on a 4k tv, It's not as bad on the tv, but it's still noticeable.
I'll try Gaussian blur

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones