DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

That's easily rectified by editing the .cfg file. You can easily open it in any text editor and change the name and file size to match the added modules. Or you can change the name of the module and just edit the file size. Works either way. You can even delete the missing modules to save the flash process some effort.
The cfg file cannot be edited since it is digitally signed and the key necessary to resign it so the device would accept it is not known. If you edit a cfg and send that package nothing will happen, the device will reject it.

I don't get this. You're saying that if I create a backup with DUMBLDore, that the backup firmware file won't backup all the modules on the craft, only what I just uploaded to the Mavic?
When you send an update package the device wipes its "backup" folder, and extracts the package into it. The backup folder that dumldore retrieves is thus a copy of what was sent to the device
on the last update process, NOT the currently running things.

I picked up another MP from Cosco’s and roll back the firmware from 1000 to 700 and made parameter changes. To retain no NFZ restrictions and move to 1.04.0000 Firmware do i remove modules 305 and 306 or do I also need to remove 905 from the .bin file before flashing?

Only 305 & 306 required, people do 905 as a second line precaution

Some stripped back fw
1.3.400 fc 305 & 306 to load old fc
1.4.0000 gim 400 to set version back to 0000
1.4.0000 nofc -305 & 306 to update to 0000 -fc
1.4.0000 bat 1100 to update additional batteries

Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

If you are on 1.4.0000 already then use 1.3.400 fc followed by 1.4.0000 gim

If you are on any other version then its 1.3.400 fc followed by 1.4.0000 nofc

If you have additional batteries not on 1.4.0000 then use 1.4.0000 bat for a quicker update

Only 305 & 306 required, people do 905 as a second line precaution

Thanks, I was a little confuse what removing 905 accomplished. I have been using firmware 700 and DJI Go 4 v4.0.8 app. For a while. But now that I am using a iPhone X the Go 4 v4.0.8 Won’t work and I have to use the latest version of the Go 4 app and now need to move to 1.04.0000 Firmware.

Hello.. I just tried to backup my Mavic Firmware so I could downgrade.. i am getting the FTP error... I am at a loss and need some guidance on resolving this issue. DJI app connects with no problem.. but when i use dumldore program, I get the error to make a backup.I was able to do this and downgrade to .700 with no problems a few weeks ago on another Mavic.. something has changed?mavic firmware issue help.JPG

Thank you Haloweenhamster!!!
I was able to get it to backup... so now on to downgrading fw.

I'm going to have to read this entire thread to understand what everyone is doing, removing certain modules and whatnot?

Last edited:
I can confirm this. Just tested with modded 1.4.000 and get the same thing. RTH works but not precision RTH. Lands off the mark by about a meter. Doesn't make much difference to me, as long as it gets back to home (unless you're trying to impress friends). I'm sure there is a fix. Could be adding in 305 and 306 from .700 FW would fix this. Have you tried to mix the modules? (Supposedly it works fine)

I just flashed the stock .900 and then the modded 1.4.0000 - RTH now works beautifully, and I can change the params except the NFZ, of course. Haven't tested it fully and with the Goggles, only checked that I can go higher than 500m and RTH, but it now lands with high precision and with the same heading as the takeoff. Not sure why starting with .700 breaks RTH. Maybe, .700 "stock" FW (which I downloaded from GitHub/MAVProxyUser) is corrupt? Where did you get your .700, same source? Can someone upload "known good" .700 somewhere?

If .700 RTH doesn't work properly no matter what, I think I can live with the NFZ restriction. Even though I don't routinely use RTH, a precise RTH can be a Mavic-saver. Example: flying in cold weather. I've had iPad mini die unexpectedly because of the cold; imagine the same happening to RC. Now you have absolutely no control over your Mavic, and can only pray that RTH works. And since Mavic sits so low, a sloppy landing not on the launchpad can easily result in broken props or damaged gimbal, all it takes is a 3-inch rock or other object.

When you send an update package the device wipes its "backup" folder, and extracts the package into it. The backup folder that dumldore retrieves is thus a copy of what was sent to the device
on the last update process, NOT the currently running things.

I can confirm this. Flashed only 305&306, then made a backup. What did I get in the .bin? 305&306 I just flashed. Given this, I don't understand what the use case for Backup function is - it just spits out what you just uploaded to the AC.

This seems to be the most popular thread on this site.
Possibly for good reason.
I have a well working set up and will continue to stay with it.

Reactions: Andret8
Thumbswayup good news, the test DUMLdore .exe that kilrah hooked me up with actually finished completing the backup, now just to try and reflash .0700, thanx a lot friends!

do you think it will be ok to also flash the fw with this older version of dumldore?
what do you mean by "The test DUMLdore.exe that kilrah hooked me up with " ? Reason I ask, Is because I have this same exact problem....Any help would be appreciated

Given this, I don't understand what the use case for Backup function is
The backup function dates from way before we even knew partial flashing was possible...
The firmware archive didn't build itself out of thin air, the backup function is there so that people with device/version combos that aren't archived yet can back up and supply original unmodified firmware that was loaded the official way through GO or Assistant.

awesome, I did try this last night but with different IP's. Also I will use an updated version of DUMLore. I'll let you know how I make out...thanks again man
thanks bro, I gotta download that DNIS #4. Thanks so much e
Check my post at the end of this thread w/ your answer.
thanks my friend working on it now..

I've tried .700 and .900 on Mavic with 1.4.0000 on RC and Goggles, and it didn't complain. (I was disconnected from the Internet.)

Sometimes it complains. For other combinations it doesn't. Either way, it's probably good practice to keep them all the same in order to avoid unexpected/unknown results. Since none of the real tinkering goes on in the RC and Goggles firmware, there's no real reason not to have them on the stock versions for the same FW version as the aircraft.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Folks, today I thoroughly tested and am happy to report that the stock .900 followed by 1.4.0000 with 305&306 removed works great. Only NFZ removal doesn't work, as expected from .900. But everything else, all the typical mods, and all intelligent flight modes, including the new Quickshots, and precision RTH, and various Goggles features all work smoothly. I'm pretty happy with this result and going to settle on it for a while (with the tablet always offline), I can live with NFZs. It was tested with WiFi iPad mini 2 running iOS 11.0.3 with Go 4 v.4.1.16. The only features I didn't test were Follow Me and Dynamic Home Point since my iPad is WiFi-only.

I'm now going to store my iPad in a 7-layer burrito of aluminum foil so that DJI can't reach it with their dirty hands. :D

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arjenv