DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

No one mentions if there is a DUMLdore version for Mac's?

Sparky,

As you can see from my previous post I was having pretty much the same issue. I'm on Windows 10 Pro. I changed the compatibility mode to Windows 7, turned off Anti-Virus and Firewall and tried again. It seemed to do the same thing, evererything looked like it worked up until the actual flash. While waiting to see if it would start flashing I decided to hit the flash button a second time and the bird's front lights started blinking red and the flashing started and completed successfully. I went to .400 and have been flying the past few days with both DJI Go and Litchi. I'm not really sure if the second press of the flash button did it or if it just took a few minutes to start the install. Just thought I'd pass the info on to you and others.

Jerry
Just to say thanks for this post. I had the same problem using the same setup as you. I did as you dit and hit the flash button a second time and it is now flashing.
Again, I just wanted to say thanks and let others know that it worked fore me too.

There was mention of a program called pyduml-master.....but no instructions on using it....
So in other words,you can't use a IOS system to roll back a MP? Intresting....since IOS operates better with their software,than most other systems! This is intresting? You need IOS to get the best,or most reliable flying experence,and a Windows operating system to use, to roll back the software!:D The PC company's gotta LOVE DJI!

Last edited:
Nothing of that has got to do with DJI, firstly iOS ≠ macOS, secondly the tools that are being discussed here that allow bypassing DJI's removal of old firmwares have been developped by the community, obviously not by DJI. Someone from the community has been nice enough to make a "click and go" app for Windows since that's where the vast majority of users is, but it happens nobody has done so for Mac.

Read a bit before being snarky.

Nothing of that has got to do with DJI, firstly iOS ≠ macOS, secondly the tools that are being discussed here that allow bypassing DJI's removal of old firmwares have been developped by the community, obviously not by DJI. Someone from the community has been nice enough to make a "click and go" app for Windows since that's where the vast majority of users is, but it happens nobody has done so for Mac.

Read a bit before being snarky.
Not being "snarky" at all!;) A lot of us have "pitched" Windows a long time ago,in favor of a better,and more stable operating system. Even DJI know's this,as to why they offer "both" system downloads on their web/site!:) Yes it is a great thing that someone has developed a "work around" for the problems,but for the people using IOS systems there is NO help at all!o_O DJI has developed what in "my opinion" is one of the best flying drones on the market. But they are about to shoot themselves in the foot,with the constant software upgrades,that most do not want,or need!

Last edited:
:( So after connecting my Mavic and opening DUMLdore tool. I try to backup my firmware and the tool freezes on the third backup file. I have to start task manager and kill everything out. I have checked that everything is correct in the sequence, and I am updated to the .1000 fw. I'm trying to roll back to .700 but it's just not going my way. Any suggestions? thanx folks

the file that it freezes on is
wm220_0100_v02.08.05.04_20170802_ca02.pro.fw.sig

Last edited:
:( So after connecting my Mavic and opening DUMLdore tool. I try to backup my firmware and the tool freezes on the third backup file. I have to start task manager and kill everything out. I have checked that everything is correct in the sequence, and I am updated to the .1000 fw. I'm trying to roll back to .700 but it's just not going my way. Any suggestions? thanx folks

the file that it freezes on is
wm220_0100_v02.08.05.04_20170802_ca02.pro.fw.sig
I had this exact same issue. I just kept trying it, and on ONE occasion it worked (somehow, by a fluke maybe) but every try after that it never worked.

So I'd also be interested to see if the members know of some things to try on this issue.

Reactions: poorquad
I had this exact same issue. I just kept trying it, and on ONE occasion it worked (somehow, by a fluke maybe) but every try after that it never worked.

So I'd also be interested to see if the members know of some things to try on this issue.
I've tried 3 different cables, I've removed micro sd card, I've set quad to wifi mode! I'm out of ideas.

And if I remember correctly, that file is the biggest on in the firmware folder (around 50 something mb) it always would hang there. I was on .400.

I've tried 3 different cables, I've removed micro sd card, I've set quad to wifi mode! I'm out of ideas.
Yep, I tried a high quality transfer cable for data, didn't help. And on 3 different machines!!

Not being "snarky" at all!;) A lot of us have "pitched" Windows a long time ago,in favor of a better,and more stable operating system. Even DJI know's this,as to why they offer "both" system downloads on their web/site!:) Yes it is a great thing that someone has developed a "work around" for the problems,but for the people using IOS systems there is NO help at all!o_O DJI has developed what in "my opinion" is one of the best flying drones on the market. But they are about to shoot themselves in the foot,with the constant software upgrades,that most do not want,or need!
The problem is that there are orders of magnitude of difference in the number of people who use OSX compared to those that use Windows which is why there are more exploits of the windows OS than OSX, (why bother when there are so few of them!). I agree that iOS (for iPad) is the one to use for the control interface but I've not heard of anyone using a windows tablet or phone for this.
Luckily, I have access to both Apple and Windows hardware so I'll use the tools that are available and stick with .007 for as long as I'm able.

I finally got some feedback from the attempt, a message that FTP connect attempt had timed out and this.......duml.JPG

Just skip the backup step.
like to be able too but, there's no chance of that, after Steve, from flyflydrones, advice I'm not gonna rollback unless the backup works. He hasn't steered me wrong yet so I'll stick to his instructions.

Reactions: HSK
The files are available online, backing up is not necessary. Won't make a difference to rollback either.

The error likely stems from the default timeout being too short for the aircraft to encrypt the backup file before transmitting it.

Reactions: Brunovic
But if something is preventing it from transferring backup files via ftp, won't it do the same thing while flashing the new firmware?

Nope, the suspected issue would be caused by a process that's only taking place when reading.

For fun, try this: (outdated link removed, use current release that includes the fix)
If that works the issue would be confirmed. Extract it in your existing DUMLdore folder and run as usual.
Only difference is the timeout should be changed from the default 15 sec to 30.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hidnflagn