DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to use Mavic Pro near airports?

Silverio

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I am new to this and I lived close to an airport.

My Drone does not takes off from my back yard, it keeps giving me the message : GPS detects near by airport.

Friends of mine using different and older models, take off without any problems.

I usually have to go few miles away from my house to use the drone.

Does anyone know what must I do to use it from my backyard?

Thanks

Yes, very easy. Simply do not try to fly near an airport, for safety reasons, as simple as that :)

Regulation has evolved, and depending on your country, different distances need to be respected and are actually implemented in new drones. Databases and minimal distances to fly from an airport are continuously updated on you drone by DJI.

Take you bike, your car, go in the wild nature, and enjoy flying in a more safe location, believe me :) Try to google, I'm sure you'll find a map showing which areas are safe to fly your bird.

Have Safe flights!

Well, I don't think that you should bypass this limitation. Flying in airports NFZ is really dangerous and for security reasons you need to avoid it. There are too many other places that you can fly your drone. :)

Yes, very easy. Simply do not try to fly near an airport, for safety reasons, as simple as that :)

Regulation has evolved, and depending on your country, different distances need to be respected and are actually implemented in new drones. Databases and minimal distances to fly from an airport are continuously updated on you drone by DJI.

Take you bike, your car, go in the wild nature, and enjoy flying in a more safe location, believe me :) Try to google, I'm sure you'll find a map showing which areas are safe to fly your bird.

Have Safe flights!
Thanks for your feedback on this. So I guess I'll have to go a few miles away from home every time I want to use it.

Well, I don't think that you should bypass this limitation. Flying in airports NFZ is really dangerous and for security reasons you need to avoid it. There are too many other places that you can fly your drone. :)

Well I usually don't go high above 100 meters and my house is about 3 miles from the airport...:(

Well I usually don't go high above 100 meters and my house is about 3 miles from the airport...:(

Play it safe bud and head to an open area. You don't want to be one of those guys in the news.... It sucks but every weekend I drive out of my area to remote locations to fly.

I totally understand how you feel. I also did want to fly my mavic in place which was near a soccer stadium and I couldn't because the stadium was a nfz(crazy but true).
Drones are vehicles and as in roads there are rules for cars, airapace has its own rules for planes and drones. I don't know exactly how the NFZ system works but even if you fly under 100 meters, sometimes something can go wrong and cause problems. Sometimes rules are too strict just to make sure that there will be no problems.

I totally understand how you feel. I also did want to fly my mavic in place which was near a soccer stadium and I couldn't because the stadium was a nfz(crazy but true).
Drones are vehicles and as in roads there are rules for cars, airapace has its own rules for planes and drones. I don't know exactly how the NFZ system works but even if you fly under 100 meters, sometimes something can go wrong and cause problems. Sometimes rules are too strict just to make sure that there will be no problems.

That is true! I guess I will have to buy more batteries very soon... Don't want to drive miles to a open field just for 25 minutes of usage.
Thanks

Silverio, you're right, to enjoy flying your drone you need 3 batteries, then you have approx 1 hour of flight, you'll then learn quickly to master your drone because you practice more.
If you can, take you drone with you when you go to work (keep it in your can if you can), and when you're heading to home (longer days in spring/summer), stop by an open area and practice :)

Reactions: Silverio
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife