DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Huawei p10

AdrianOdioCR

Reactions
I've read mixed reviews regarding Huawei phones flying a Mavic pro, let's see if someone with experience can advice me better:

Apparently the Huawei p9 lite does ok running the app, therefore, i would assume that the normal p10, somehow a bit more powerful, would do better... What's your call??

If not what's a decent (cheap) phone/tablet/device you would recommend buying to get the best experience with the drone?

Thanks for your help!

Cant help you on the p10, but i use the p9 lite, and it is working flawless. No lagging and screen is crisp and clear. Never overheats, even on super hot days.

That's good news! Thanks for sharing. Did you uninstall the bloatware from Huawei and installed the GO 4 app?

I've read mixed reviews regarding Huawei phones flying a Mavic pro, let's see if someone with experience can advice me better:

Apparently the Huawei p9 lite does ok running the app, therefore, i would assume that the normal p10, somehow a bit more powerful, would do better... What's your call??

If not what's a decent (cheap) phone/tablet/device you would recommend buying to get the best experience with the drone?

Thanks for your help!
Well I have a mate 8 and that does brilliantly

Reactions: AdrianOdioCR
Cant help you on the p10, but i use the p9 lite, and it is working flawless. No lagging and screen is crisp and clear. Never overheats, even on super hot days.

My same experience with the P9 lite

Question to all, about wifi only phones (no cell plan) listed in this thread - how do you get the maps on the phone/tablet when Mavic is flying? Do you download them while on wifi and navigate offline after that? Thanks.
Just got a Mavic Pro Platinum not even out of the box yet, my first DGI, lots to learn.

Reactions: wytnyt
Question to all, about wifi only phones (no cell plan) listed in this thread - how do you get the maps on the phone/tablet when Mavic is flying? Do you download them while on wifi and navigate offline after that? Thanks.
Just got a Mavic Pro Platinum not even out of the box yet, my first DGI, lots to learn.
yes d/l them while on wifi to use in the field

Reactions: cybdrone
I have a p10 plus (6Gig ROM) and have not had great success with it.
Installed the Go4 app and have had trouble connecting to Mavic. Seemed laggy which is really odd since the phone has plenty of grunt.
Only had one successful short test flight, two other attempts didn't connect so gave up.
I have a dedicated iPad mini2 cellular that I have been using for the past year. Thought I would just try out the phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman