DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hubby's experience with DJI's Repair of his MP

daisy-girl

Reactions
3/30 Hubby emails DJI Support that the gimbal on his MP has stopped working; he attaches an invoice showing that he bought it on Amazon 2017 1126 and requests warranty repair

3/30 16h later, DJI replies, “Good day. Thank you for your email. We apologize for the troubles that you encountered with your DJI product. The next step would be sending your drone in for repair to have this assessed and fixed.” They include a link to an online repair form for him to fill in plus a pre-paid shipping label for UPS Ground to a repair facility in Texas

4/02 Hubby replies by email that he has packed the quad and RC as he was instructed and UPS has just scanned the tracking number into their system

4/03 DJI acknowledges that the tracking number indicates that the item is in transit

4/06 DJI acknowledges receipt, provides a case # and lists the serial #s of the 2 items

4/06 DJI states the unit has been evaluated by the repair team, provides a link to follow the progress of the repair, says the total cost for the part, labor and shipping will be $181, all covered under warranty; the part “Gimbal Axis Arm Module (Excluding FPC/Coaxial Cable/Cable Cover)” is $51 and the 2h labor is $130, shipping both ways is $0.00

4/06 DJI requests that hubby complete a customer satisfaction survey

4/09 DJI email states repair completed

4/09 DJI second email states the AC will be shipped within 2 days

4/09 DJI third email states AC has been shipped, lists same serial #s as received, also returning his joystick protector, provides UPS tracking #

4/09 UPS email indicates package will arrive here in LA on 4/12

4/12 UPS delivers the package at 2pm

4/12 Upon “unboxing,” hubby is surprised to find 4 new propellers — 2 per 2 separate bubble wraps; there are also instructions re linking the RC to the AC if necessary, which causes him to double-check that the serial #s have not changed; in addition, there is what appears to be a new gimbal cover, as this one has a slit to hold the new silicone cover — as he removes the 2 covers, hubby notices that he neglected to remove the Polar Pro ND32-PL filter prior to shipping the AC; his only disappointment is that he cannot fly it today as it’s very windy

P.S. I created the above in Word and pasted it here -- I'm amazed that the formatting is so well preserved. Kudos! to the site's designer

3/30 Hubby emails DJI Support that the gimbal on his MP has stopped working; he attaches an invoice showing that he bought it on Amazon 2017 1126 and requests warranty repair

3/30 16h later, DJI replies, “Good day. Thank you for your email. We apologize for the troubles that you encountered with your DJI product. The next step would be sending your drone in for repair to have this assessed and fixed.” They include a link to an online repair form for him to fill in plus a pre-paid shipping label for UPS Ground to a repair facility in Texas

4/02 Hubby replies by email that he has packed the quad and RC as he was instructed and UPS has just scanned the tracking number into their system

4/03 DJI acknowledges that the tracking number indicates that the item is in transit

4/06 DJI acknowledges receipt, provides a case # and lists the serial #s of the 2 items

4/06 DJI states the unit has been evaluated by the repair team, provides a link to follow the progress of the repair, says the total cost for the part, labor and shipping will be $181, all covered under warranty; the part “Gimbal Axis Arm Module (Excluding FPC/Coaxial Cable/Cable Cover)” is $51 and the 2h labor is $130, shipping both ways is $0.00

4/06 DJI requests that hubby complete a customer satisfaction survey

4/09 DJI email states repair completed

4/09 DJI second email states the AC will be shipped within 2 days

4/09 DJI third email states AC has been shipped, lists same serial #s as received, also returning his joystick protector, provides UPS tracking #

4/09 UPS email indicates package will arrive here in LA on 4/12

4/12 UPS delivers the package at 2pm

4/12 Upon “unboxing,” hubby is surprised to find 4 new propellers — 2 per 2 separate bubble wraps; there are also instructions re linking the RC to the AC if necessary, which causes him to double-check that the serial #s have not changed; in addition, there is what appears to be a new gimbal cover, as this one has a slit to hold the new silicone cover — as he removes the 2 covers, hubby notices that he neglected to remove the Polar Pro ND32-PL filter prior to shipping the AC; his only disappointment is that he cannot fly it today as it’s very windy

P.S. I created the above in Word and pasted it here -- I'm amazed that the formatting is so well preserved. Kudos! to the site's designer
Glad he had a good experience (I've had a repair take 2 months). I'll bet he's happy to have it back!

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
I had the same warranty experience with DJI (in the Netherlands). It took 3 weeks, and I got a brand new one (not refurbished). After reading tons of complaints I was really worried but from the moment I contacted support I had a very good experience.

Reactions: daisy-girl
Glad it went well. So did my experience with MP repair last fall, but it was the longest 2-1/2 weeks of my life. Started going into droning deprivation. :)

I shipped my MP to a repair facility through Usps and after 5 days or so I check with the repair facility and find out that it was never received.
The tracking in fo said it was delivered three days after I sent it out but my guy didn't receive it as his UPS agent holds his goods and he picks it up. UPS says they didn't get it and Usps says they scanned in as received.
And the beat goes on.
Someone is happy with my MP but it isn't me.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
I just had a very good experience with DJI service. I crashed my MP, 100% my fault, then got email return instructions from DJI. Had the Mavic back in 10 days. Actually they just sent me a new unit. I was pleasantly surprised. I shipped it to a Texas repair location. Resolution = Don't crash again doing totally dumb stunts.

Reactions: projockey
I am kind of disappointed that everything went well with DJI support.

Let's see whether I can cheer you up :)

Hubby's RC has the same serial # as when DJI received it.

But the AC has a different one and the 10th character is an R = Refurbished.

However, the AC has the ND32-PL Polar Pro filter that he forgot to remove before sending it in.

His tentative conclusion is that he got back the same AC that he sent in, but because it has undergone repair, it's now considered refurbished. But I replied that, if that is true, why is that my Alpine White with a new Core Board does not also have an R in the new serial #?

He says he'll fly his MP ASAP, and if the gimbal goes all the way up to +30 -- which it did not before it had the "hard landing" (aka a mild crash) -- and the images look as good as before, then he'll be a happy camper, as he will have spent $0.00 to get an AC that is at least as good as the one he had, and he still hasn't used his DJI Care/Refresh. :cool:

He says he'll fly his MP ASAP

WRONG!

1) The SD button is missing
2) The RC and the AC refuse to link

It's going back.

UPDATE: 2018 0509@2018: hubby just opened the package and upon unrolling the bubble wrap we note that DJI has sent him a brand-new RC and AC (both are wrapped in plastic in the same positions as when new-in-the-box) under warranty -- no use of DJI Care/Refresh.

We are surprised to see the new units, as according to the message that we got the other day they had "replaced the core boards in both the RC and the AC."*

Also the serial #s on both are different from what we sent in, and there is no "R" in the 10th position to signify refurbished.

I'll update again after he's had time to fly the unit.
____
*Apparently, "replaced the core boards in both the RC and the AC" is DJI's way of indicating they are sending new units. o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: s2seyecle