DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hurt my feelings

Nice job!

Be brutal, I need to learn
That sucked! OK...that was just a joke. I would tell you that I think you had things underexposed a bit even give the night flying that was being done. At 9 sec the sky still had a lot of detail and you could have pushed the exposure further and sacrificed some of the sky and bumped up the saturation overall. At 39 seconds I'll bet the histogram shows room to make the brights brighter and the darks darker which would have made it pop a lot more. You have sacrificed available dynamic range, I'm guessing. The same is true at 59 seconds. If you are not using vectorscopes/histograms in your color grading it's something you should look at. Later the entire scene is quite dark but that may be a limitation of the Mini2. I have no idea about that. Making it lighter may have been impossible without having too much noise but if that's the case that part would have just been on the cutting floor if I'd been doing it. It's great that you're working on this and seeking input; it's the only way to learn and grow. Check out my videos on youtube digibud and feel free to add your thoughts to my stuff. I am, however using Mav3Pro and other drones that do have an advantage. Good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a good video but it could be my computer but your transitions seems to freeze or hesitate when changing scenes as if the drone is stopping during the first scene or else the drone starts from a standstill on the following scene. Ideally, if you are going to fade and overlap scenes (without going to black), you would want to match the scene speeds more closely when transitioning from one scene to the next. Keep the scenes moving just like the music continues.

Reactions: Jafo28
Man, I remember when you first started out. You are much improved. I agree with the under exposure comment but your flying, gimble movements, and vantage point choices made for some interesting shots that quite frankly I enjoyed a lot. Keep working at it, you're doing well!

Man, I remember when you first started out. You are much improved. I agree with the under exposure comment but your flying, gimble movements, and vantage point choices made for some interesting shots that quite frankly I enjoyed a lot. Keep working at it, you're doing well!
@Kywon McCain
I have to agree with romi
While the comments on the technical aspects of photography and edit are good and merit consideration, I’ve been following you since the beginning and your improvement in your overall flying skills are well worth complimenting my friend! 😃
Keep up the good work and applying the tips and techniques that are shared with you just like your doing!

Reactions: DougMcC and Romi
@Kywon McCain hi my young flying buddy ,i am not someone who does post editing ,so in regards to your video ,i dont feel qualified to comment on the finer aspects of your abilities,in that department
what i can say ,as another forum member, who has been part of your drone flying journey ,since you first joined ,is that in terms of your flying abilities ,and subject matter choices ,you have absolutely progressed ,beyond all recognition ,from those early days
well done Kywon keep up the good work

Fantastic, this is your best work and as other have stated you have come a long way.

Couple things to note:

If you going to do a Night Video of what is happening on the ground than change your Exposure so we can see more in the Dark.

Also if your doing a Night Video dont mix a day video as you loose the Emotional flow between the Music you choose for the Night .

Most imporant is to choose what your Focusing on and not try to show everything in one clip.
My favorite Parts are when you decided to just show the streets below with the camera down, worked nicely.

Looking forward to your next video, and the music you choose at that is just as much a part of you as is the video your shot. Dont be afraid to add some small sound effects to add to the Atmosphere of your flying.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Caputre the Storm.

Last edited:
You are steadily developing into a great pilot and videographer. The movement of the drone was smooth and I thought the transitions from one shot to the other were well done. Keep up the good work!! Nice music too!

Reactions: Romi

Be brutal, I need to learn

As you ask to be brutal, here I go: it doesn't need to be any kind of expert to realise that all the images have a lot of noise, digital artefacts, they are badly stabilised (or not), the colours are totally unreal (greenish) and finally, and as a personal appreciation, I didn't find any of them beautiful.

I hope you will take my comments in good spirit.

Hey Kywon, I really like the music! As a long time subscriber of your channel, I can agree with others that you have definitely improved.
You subscribed and actually enjoy my content?...

Reactions: dozzn
You subscribed and actually enjoy my content?...
Oh, absolutely! And I enjoy seeing the progress as we all get better and better at our favorite hobbies. I also like seeing new places and new ideas. You have some great content, so keep up the good work! 👍

Oh, absolutely! And I enjoy seeing the progress as we all get better and better at our favorite hobbies. I also like seeing new places and new ideas. You have some great content, so keep up the good work! 👍
Thank you. This really means slot to me.

Reactions: dozzn

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB