DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I have a black screen, and no video feed

MAVXD

Reactions
Crashed my drone a while ago im unable to get video feed not sure what to do. I already replaced the video feed cable the app doesn't give me any error messages

Crashed my drone a while ago im unable to get video feed not sure what to do. I already replaced the video feed cable the app doesn't give me any error messages
If the crash was severe enough, maybe the camera lens unit or its image processing card has been damaged.

Hi thanks for the fast response

Should i replace the entire camera with image processing card ?
I should have asked this... what are you flying? I'm familiar with the old MPP's, and the guts/cameras and all, so I was speaking primarily based on my experience with the MPP.

Whether to replace the card OR the lens, did the lens get smacked hard? I'd suspect that first.

I have Mavic Pro Platinum
I should have asked this... what are you flying? I'm familiar with the old MPP's, and the guts/cameras and all, so I was speaking primarily based on my experience with the MPP.

Whether to replace the card OR the lens, did the lens get smacked hard? I'd suspect that first.
I have a Mavic Pro Platinum

So i took some pictures to see if its just the camera feed not working i just ended getting black images

Well, if it were my money, and you are sure the new image cable has been installed correctly (well seated and all), I'd look at the lens first and the card second.

... OR if you are impatient like me and want to get it over with, I've gone out and bought a whole new gimbal unit (gimbal, lens, base and control card.).

What should i look for in my lense?
I've had lenses go bad with no visible sign of stress. For example, I've flown, landed, restarted and the lens would no longer focus. Crazy unstable things!

My suggestions are all fine and dandy, only problem is, lenses are hard to find. That's another reason I bought a whole new unit off of Amazon. Expensive though. I've got three gimbals floating around my drone shop. Some work, some don't.

When you say image cable, we are talking about this... right?
Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 6.23.26 PM.png

Hmmmm... the vision sensors pass through the video board. Try the vision calibration to verify the vision system is operating. If not, go back and check those connections to the front and rear of the gimbal board.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki