DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I think I'll need LAANC ?

MavicFlyer2

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My wife and I are going to attend a Air Balloon show in Hudson Wisconsin and I'm thinking I'll need LAANC ?
Hudson is on the outer banks of MSP/St. Paul International Airport with its boundary right at the St.Croix River. I'd like to do the bridge going over the river also a little bit of downtown.
There's a heal that comes off MSP/St.Paul airspace that has me thinking that I'll need approval for both spots ?

Attachments

• Hudson Airshow.jpg
    Hudson Airshow.jpg
    985.8 KB · Views: 24
There' s no LAANC in Hudson. And there's a whole other airport in St. Paul between MSP and Wisconsin. Having lived in the Twin Cities for over 10 years, I can assure you Hudson is nowhere near MSP. I don't know what goes on during an airshow but you might want to check for TFRs.

There' s no LAANC in Hudson. And there's a whole other airport in St. Paul between MSP and Wisconsin. Having lived in the Twin Cities for over 10 years, I can assure you Hudson is nowhere near MSP. I don't know what goes on during an airshow but you might want to check for TFRs.
Thank you for the response and yes I've talked with the Air show coordinator and drones aren't allowed at the grounds. I'll do some handheld video and photos for that with 30 balloons to go up in the morning. Hopefully weather permitting.
I check the FAA site for TFR and none were there to be found ?
I find that funny because of the nature of the event with balloons in the air.
Thanks again for your reply.

Reactions: twickers14
Thank you for the response and yes I've talked with the Air show coordinator and drones aren't allowed at the grounds. I'll do some handheld video and photos for that with 30 balloons to go up in the morning. Hopefully weather permitting.
I check the FAA site for TFR and none were there to be found ?
I find that funny because of the nature of the event with balloons in the air.
Thanks again for your reply.
When it closer to the event there will surely be a NOTAM issued for pilots. The balloons will most surely be flying under the class B airspace. TFR? Maybe, not sure about that.

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
When it closer to the event there will surely be a NOTAM issued for pilots. The balloons will most surely be flying under the class B airspace. TFR? Maybe, not sure about that.
Thank you...they haven't launched because of weather but we've had a good time anyways !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown