DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I was sold but after i saw this.....

Wow, someone's Wheaties got wissed in. FWIW, shooting less than max res it kinda silly, actually. Why not chill out and go fly, instead.

I am chilled thanks, just trying to get the correct info out to people rather than giving them incorrect info!

I agree with shooting in the highest format but some people need to shoot in a certain format because they are not able to down-scale etc. in post. What I don't particularly agree with is people who after being informed of the facts decide to throw an insult out rather than a "Oh, Ok, was not aware of that".....

Reactions: No1much
The Moire in the footage is because the camera on the Mavic CANNOT do 1080/60 with filters (the digital type not the screw on type). It is a hardware limitation. If you must have 1080/60 then the Mavic is NOT for you. However all other recording modes work fine without producing the same Moire effect.

Excuse my ignorance, as I am new to photography.

But why can't the mavic shoot in 1080/60?

I thought it could shoot up to 1080/96?

Are you just talking about shooting 1080/60 in certain film modes?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Excuse my ignorance, as I am new to photography.

But why can't the mavic shoot in 1080/60?

I thought it could shoot up to 1080/96?

Are you just talking about shooting 1080/60 in certain film modes?

You can shoot in 1080/60 but there is a hardware limitation that does not allow the camera to apply filters in this mode so in turn you cannot remove the Moire effect whilst filming. It is only related to this specific mode though. I do not have mine yet but my understanding is that whatever Film mode you select or any change in the sharpness etc... will have no effect on the output hence you are not able to limit or remove the Moire effect. Please, anyone, feel free to correct me if I have got this a little arse-over but at the end of the day you cannot remove the Moire effect in 1080/60.

THX BAXTER ! No alternative atm .. I have waited 10 years.. I can wait another couple of more....
Wow dude. Yea you are right, you're probably going to wait a couple of more years before someone comes out with an almost pocket size $1000.00 4k drone with no Moire.
Maybe you should spend more money, I'm sure you'll find something today that will meet your needs.
Just one more Mavic that will go to the rest of us.

Wow dude. Yea you are right, you're probably going to wait a couple of more years before someone comes out with an almost pocket size $1000.00 4k drone with no Moire.
Maybe you should spend more money, I'm sure you'll find something today that will meet your needs.
It could have been done in the Mavic. The P4 does not have this limitation. It was a choice to use a different sensor. Even older GoPros do not have this problem. I expect DJI will fix this in the next version since so many are complaining about it.

It could have been done in the Mavic. The P4 does not have this limitation. It was a choice to use a different sensor. Even older GoPros do not have this problem. I expect DJI will fix this in the next version since so many are complaining about it.
Yea companies seem to always mess up some kind of way. Just wasn’t a deal breaker for me unlike that Samsung Note 7 that I preordered. Got it on the same day it came out and had to turn it in within a month. Love the phone except for the exploding part.

Reactions: Boscobrown
There is Moire/Aliasing in almost every digital camera. Heck, I was watching the PGA Tour and their 30k camera had tons of aliasing on one of the golfer's shirts due to the pattern. I've also seen videos from the GoPro Hero 5 that have the same aliasing.

I think moire is a cold. You can hear him coughing at the 4:53 mark.

On a serious note I didn't notice the moire effect till my 3rd time watching it, i was happier when I was dumber and didn't know this effect existed.

Reactions: Boscobrown
Times are hard.. Not wise to talk someone into a Mavic who doesn't want it.. More for the rest of us trying to be patient in waiting. :D

Someone tell me this is a joke - a guys been waiting 10 years for the right machine?

So we are all having fun, making money, taking pics and vids and he is waiting for the Grim Reaper (who may come before a quad that satisfies him).....
BTW, here is my 2nd day video. It's good enough for what I do....

plenty, tons, awful and disgusting, nasty, terrible, dreadful, ghastly, horrid, horrible, vile, foul, abominable, appalling, atrocious, horrendous, hideous, offensive, objectionable, obnoxious, frightful, loathsome, revolting, repulsive, repellent, repugnant, odious, sickening, nauseating, nauseous MOIRE

Someone fetch this guy some whale music #chill

wow for what it is worth this is not a 10k drone with a canon 5D mach 4 attached to a expensive gimbal, this is a mass produced drone that is bordering on idiot proof designed for anyone who can afford to shell out 1200.00 dollars. They have managed to produce a very small craft that can film in near slow motion at 24 frames a second at 4k who cares about moire effect.I mean really. if you are so annally retentive about the ability of what could be argued is one of the most astonishing pieces of miniaturised engineering in drone tech we have ever seen, then don't buy it.Buy an inspire 1 raw with two remotes for 9k australian or build your own because clearly your on the wrong forum page and clearly you are the 6 million dollar man with a bionic eye.

Reactions: piccoloflyerr
Sorry if I watch a video and it's ok Quality then that will do for me I am not fused if you see the props now and again or the sun gives a bit of glare it don't bother me at all. Some people are never happy just like HI FI nuts have to have the best stuff to hear music spend £1000's, me I am happy with just a mp3 long as it sounds ok to me I'm happy. They could have asked twice as much for the Mavic and it would be worth it for all it does and how it is so compact..

I'm not a pro videographer or even trying to be one but my amateur eye saw the difference right away. Having owned and flown the P3S, P3A, and P3P, the Mavic falls short in 1080p 60fps. I disagree with the notion of shooting anything below max quality is a waste. Shooting fast moving objects such as boats and cars and wildlife look much better in 60fps (IMO). I never had any issues with the P3A and P3P with 1080P 60fps. No aliasing/moiré at all. The P3S has a different sensor and it showed. The video was less detailed, more jagged on edges and trees for example. The Mavic in 1080p 60fps looks the same as the P3S to me. I haven't tried 1080p 30fps to compare but I may just do it for giggles. It is not a deal breaker for me since this is just a hobby and I have other birds to fly but if it was my only one, I'd be pissed. Here's a little comparison I did. I exported the video out of FCPX to Compressor at 45Mbps bitrate...And of course YouTube has it's way with recompressing. Irregardless, you can see the difference here.

I just had to wait couples of weeks ....but hey thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929