DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Identify your drone or not?

On my Mavic Air 2, I have a label (on top) listing: 1) my operator ID, 2) my name, 3) my e-mail address, and 4) my phone number. The current EU regulations only require item 1 - as far as I understand it. The rest are due to the older regulations (before the EU/EASA regulations) in Finland. Those older regulations required the "name and address details" of the owner/operator.
I am not too concerned about Karens. Karen is not so common name here :). I am not at all allergic to Karens.

Hi, I am new to drone world. I have a Mini 4 Pro, a very cool device!
Should I label the drone with my name ± phone number and address? I have seen many youtube videos of people losing and often unsuccessfully searching for them.

It seems like a good idea, but what is your thought about doing so? Is there a downside to that?
Thanks
I fly with my FAA Reg # AND My Telephone Number Taped to the drone. I lost my drone once on private property so I couldn't go in to search for it. The same day I got a phone call telling me, they found my drone and told me I can come and pick it up. I was pleasantly surprised.

I wouldn't put my address on the drone, however. That's a little bit too much info. Especially, if a drone hater finds it.

Reactions: BigAl07
but a drone is a different animal considering it is most often out of my sight
You have to keep your drone in Visual Line of Sight (VLOS) at all times ! Unless you have someone with you serving as a visual observer while you're flying you're flying illegally.

All the data that is in your drone will be used against you to fine you. I used tags on my drones at the beginning and complied with the rules, obtained all the certificates, paid a drone insurance and slowly started to realize what this overregulation was all about and how they were closing the sky to hobbyist and regular photographers/videographers.

And now I'm happy with my Mavic 3 hacked to be immune to Aeroscope and RID and without any worry at all, I can just concentrate in taking pictures and enjoying my time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne