DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Importing h265 to IPad Pro

bcor

Reactions
Hi,
I have the combination M2Pro, IPad Pro(iOS 12) and Dji 4 Go 4.3.2.
Before the update of the iOS 11->12 and DJI 4 Go 4.3.1->4.3.2 i was able the import any h265 file on my ipad for preparing with LumaFusion.

Today i can import just h264 not h265 anymore... I use the Apple Camera Adapter usb-lightning.

Is the limitation of the h265 videos because of the iOS oder DJI 4 Go update?
Regstes Ben

Reactions: jlinog
oh my God... I update my ipad pro last night :( Same problem here :( Please help!!! H265 and ipad Pro with Luma Fusion working perfectly until last night :(

With the new combination of updates it seems that the pano-shoot (180) also not work right.
I just get the stitched pano but without the source pictures with the better solution....

I hope an update or the few 1./ update will fix this soo ...

Oh ,oh, Today I noticed that i cant transfers photos and videos using the lightning to sd adapter. Trying in my ipad mini 4 and work perfect, but in my Ipad pro 10.5, its not working like before the ios 12 update :(.

Same here. Works on iPhone X, not iPad Pro 10.5”. I read some speculation that this may have to do with iPhone X having an A11 Bionic chip and the iPad Pro having an A10X Fusion, but there must be some nuance because I was able to work with HEVC video on my iPad Pro in iOS 11 (well, in LumaFusion: still hoping for LumaConnect to release to pull rough precuts into FCPX for proper scaling, distortion correction, ease-in/out keyframing, NR, stabilization, etc). DJI GO 4 app doesn’t allow import into iPad from Mavic, either (displays an error message).

If I import from the SD card reader into my iPhone X, I can Airdrop to my iPad. It will then complain that it cannot import the videos into Photos, but it prompts me to save to Files, where I can drop it into my local LumaFusion import directories. Kind of a slow and convoluted workflow, but at least I can preview color grading and adjustments again when in the field (quasi “dailies”).

I do not want to upgrade my iPad again in October, but Apple may be forcing my hand,

I have a Pro 10.5 and I am gutted to find this is the case. Hoping someone releases a fix soon

Why do people always update on day one?? So common for perfectly working stuff to break...
11.4.1 is still signed so you can still downgrade to it, but hurry as it will likely not last more than a couple more days.
Might want to save blobs for when it isn't anymore too.

Last edited:
Why do people always update on day one?? So common for perfectly working stuff to break...
11.4.1 is still signed so you can still downgrade to it, but hurry as it will likely not last more than a couple more days.
Might want to save blobs for when it isn't anymore too.

Or, for a contrary viewpoint... Find another IOS device and start participating in the beta so that feedback can be submitted prior to full release.

Reactions: jlinog
I have bought the photofast 4k ireader... works fine... h265, dng import works now on ios12

Same here. Works on iPhone X, not iPad Pro 10.5”. I read some speculation that this may have to do with iPhone X having an A11 Bionic chip and the iPad Pro having an A10X Fusion, but there must be some nuance because I was able to work with HEVC video on my iPad Pro in iOS 11 (well, in LumaFusion: still hoping for LumaConnect to release to pull rough precuts into FCPX for proper scaling, distortion correction, ease-in/out keyframing, NR, stabilization, etc). DJI GO 4 app doesn’t allow import into iPad from Mavic, either (displays an error message).

If I import from the SD card reader into my iPhone X, I can Airdrop to my iPad. It will then complain that it cannot import the videos into Photos, but it prompts me to save to Files, where I can drop it into my local LumaFusion import directories. Kind of a slow and convoluted workflow, but at least I can preview color grading and adjustments again when in the field (quasi “dailies”).

I do not want to upgrade my iPad again in October, but Apple may be forcing my hand,

Same problem here. Mine does not work both on iPhone X and iPad Pro 10.5. :(

So it's 4 months and I find I can't import anything from Air to Photos on Ipad Pro v3 12.9. Anyone got a solution?

So it's 4 months and I find I can't import anything from Air to Photos on Ipad Pro v3 12.9. Anyone got a solution?
You mean you can’t import dji 4k 60fps and higher fps files to your iPad Pro 2018? I have same problem with dji but not GoPro files.

You mean you can’t import dji 4k 60fps and higher fps files to your iPad Pro 2018? I have same problem with dji but not GoPro files.

I can’t download anything. Not just 4K(25fps). I was told Apple know there is an issue above 4K24fps, but I can’t get anything. I connect the drone directly, but even with an SD adapter it doens’t work. I treid different cables and it worked once, but not since. I don’t know if it s the cable, how the SD card is formatted, ... I just don’t know. It is infuriating. I can’t work.

Is this problem forgotten? Apple ...

I can’t download anything. Not just 4K(25fps). I was told Apple know there is an issue above 4K24fps, but I can’t get anything. I connect the drone directly, but even with an SD adapter it doens’t work. I treid different cables and it worked once, but not since. I don’t know if it s the cable, how the SD card is formatted, ... I just don’t know. It is infuriating. I can’t work.

Is this problem forgotten? Apple ...
I too can’t import files when my mavic is directly connected to my iPad Pro 11”. But successfully imported files 1080P 24, 30, 60fps and 4k 24, 30fps using an SD card reader.

There's a setting on iOS that makes it try hard to be compatible with receiving devices. Turn that off.

"Go to Settings > Photos on both of your iOS devices, and make sure that TRANSFER TO MAC OR PC is set to “Keep Originals”. That setting will let you AirDrop (or import via a cable) HEVC files between devices without conversion to H.264."
Transfer HEVC between iPhone and iPad without conversion to H.264

Last edited:
No problems with 4K H265 DLog-M and LumaFusion with my 2018 11" iPad Pro. Importing is also a non-issue with a standard USB-A to USB-C dongle, RAW image files and H265 video come in without issue, no need to change settings.

Also note LumaFusion strips 2 bits off of the 10bit DLog-M footage, so the most you're ever going to get is 8-bit, somewhat defeating the purpose of shooting in H265 if you plan on using LumaFusion as a sole editing platform. Since LumaFusion also cannot correct the lens distortions in M2P H265 DLog-M footage, you might be better off shooting in Normal mode with -3 contrast as you will still get 8bit footage but the distortion will also be corrected, and you can do a complete edit with LumaFusion.

I originally thought LumaFusion could handle all 10bits but after talking to one of their engineers, it's a feature that is coming but not yet there. You can still view/edit the footage as normal, you just aren't getting the advantages of 10bit.

Reactions: GH02050
Also note LumaFusion strips 2 bits off of the 10bit DLog-M footage,

CD: FINALLY, the answer appears! Ever since you or someone else mentioned Luma on an iPad for editing 10-bit video, I've been scratching my head as to why this is possible on such a limited piece of hardware when it took a fair chunk of change to get my PC to the same position.

NOW I find out that Luma drops to 8-bit and that explains EVERYTHING!

Thanks a bunch.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis