DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU calibration question

Rcdude1990

Reactions
whats up guys, so partly this is my issue that I haven't done which is upload logs I shall try tonight.
I posted about a week ago that my mavic was drifting in the wind while in beginner mode.

I went yesterday to the same spot and tried again. Unpacked and let the controller and mavic load up, didn't take off right away and waited. Let the mavic do auto take off and it was good. Not to high of a wind and it was pretty good and steady. Decided to land it as some spectators started talking to me -_-. After s few minutes I did a manual take off and boom it started to drift.

So I remember someone saying do an IMU calibration. Which I never done until yesterday. Yes I was on a flat surface but should I have done it out in the park or done it like at home?

Did the calibration but it still was drifting... I shoulda done a compass calibration probably?

Is there like anyway to read like imu status and such... someone mentioned like even if the drone says ready to fly, I should still take some time to wait it out.

Now I put the drone up 40 ft so it can recognize the home point, but again it was drifting, not a lot but like I'm sure it definitely didn't pick up the home spot. Flew it out and as I was flying it back I definitely saw it drift left almost going to a tree.

Part of me thinks it's the location lol, wanted to try a different park but in NY winds were high this morning

Take a look at your sticks calibration also.

I'll do that but def don't think it's stick related... again I just let the mavic sit in mid air without touching controls and it drifts
Does it always drift in the same direction or is it random?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman