DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU Issue??

videjo01

Reactions
I need some advice!

I have had my Mavic for a little under a month now and as of recently I have been running into a little issue. When I pan to the left or right, the horizon seems to tilt one way, almost like the camera is tilting one way. I will post some pictures. Is it a problem on my end (calibrating compass wrong or a certain setting) or could it be something more? I would really appreciate some insight to why the image is coming out this way!
DJI_0140.JPG DJI_0196.JPG DJI_0197.JPG
Thanks,
Josh.

A little bit of slosh (unwanted dynamic camera roll) is normal. What you see in your second image is far out of the normal range I've seen. Check your gimbal settings, reset or recalibrate your gimbal, and if that fails, show it to DJI and replace that guy.

Reactions: videjo01
^^^ What @halley said.

And for the record, I was one of the first to receive my Mavic in mid-November and to this day I have not had to perform a single IMU calibration.

A little bit of slosh (unwanted dynamic camera roll) is normal. What you see in your second image is far out of the normal range I've seen. Check your gimbal settings, reset or recalibrate your gimbal, and if that fails, show it to DJI and replace that guy.
Thanks halley, I'll try that out!

As I understand these things (which is very limited) these type of gimbals have three main components. The motors, the IMU, and the GCU. Seems like the IMU would be the prime suspect with the GCU as second likely suspect. The gimbal motors being a distant 3rd possible source of the issue and most likely only if the crafts motion was faster than the motors could keep up with which doesn't seem to be the case.

I need some advice!

I have had my Mavic for a little under a month now and as of recently I have been running into a little issue. When I pan to the left or right, the horizon seems to tilt one way, almost like the camera is tilting one way. I will post some pictures. Is it a problem on my end (calibrating compass wrong or a certain setting) or could it be something more? I would really appreciate some insight to why the image is coming out this way!
View attachment 4881 View attachment 4882 View attachment 4883
Thanks,
Josh.

Try switching from FPV to Follow. It seems that your gimbal is locked to bird eyes view (FPV) where angle between gimbal and aircraft is locked. In follow mode gimbal compensates and actually do what it was supposed to do.

Best regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1