DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Initial Setup Configuration

Trini_MP

Reactions
Guys,

I am waiting on me new MP; what are some of the initial setup configurations I should change/adjust before my first flight?

The RTH Altitude is really the only setting that everyone should be checking prior to each flight. All of the other settings really need to be configured for the specific flight you're going to perform. For example, you might want to turn off obstacle avoidance if flying at night or disable the downward sensors when flying close to the surface of water.

While you're waiting for your Mavic to arrive, here are some items you might find useful:

Reactions: MrsTreat
@msinger has compiled a list of such things. Hang tight for his reply. In the meantime, if you haven't already downloaded and read the manual, you should pop over to the DJI website and grab a copy, then watch as many YouTube videos as you can to familiarize yourself with set up, flight and all things in between.

Yea that is what i have been doing for the past 3 months....research and reviews!!! This device is quite expensive outside the US; and especially in my country as taxes are extreme; so its more of an investment and would hate to damage it before i make any return on investment.

There have been many mixed reaction/options as it relates tot he firmware upgrade. I have made the decision to stick with .400 firmware...for now (unless msinger can convince me other wise :D) My questions are

Am i obligated to upgrade the firmware before i fly it?

What version of the DJI Go App is best for the .400 firmware update?

Reactions: Flycaster
This should be a must read for every beginner and a should read for "us seniors" every few months. I for one, could use a refresher course soon.

Yea that is what i have been doing for the past 3 months....research and reviews!!! This device is quite expensive outside the US; and especially in my country as taxes are extreme; so its more of an investment and would hate to damage it before i make any return on investment.

There have been many mixed reaction/options as it relates tot he firmware upgrade. I have made the decision to stick with .400 firmware...for now (unless msinger can convince me other wise :D) My questions are

Am i obligated to upgrade the firmware before i fly it?

What version of the DJI Go App is best for the .400 firmware update?

If your happy with the performance of your Mavic/controller/phone or tablet setup, leave it alone, unless you really want to explore the "new features" in the updates, then go ahead and try the revision you want. Best advise is to always wait and see how others have found the new updates, and how they are working. Usually within a couple of weeks you will have sense of the new update, and then decide.
You can always go back to any revision you want, (search for digdat0 on youtube)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman