DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HR 2864 and purchasing new DJI Drone

plstovall

Reactions
I'm in the planning stages of purchasing a Mavic 3M drone and am beginning to wonder in regards to HR2864. Should I be looking at a DJI drone? What other options are out there for a multispectral drone setup? From a cost perspective, the DJI Mavic 3M seems to be the best and most advanced option available. Thoughts on what path I should be considering?

Thanks in advance.

H​

I'm in the planning stages of purchasing a Mavic 3M drone and am beginning to wonder in regards to HR2864. Should I be looking at a DJI drone? What other options are out there for a multispectral drone setup? From a cost perspective, the DJI Mavic 3M seems to be the best and most advanced option available. Thoughts on what path I should be considering?

Thanks in advance.

H​

I wouldn't worry about this bill. It is doomed in the senate if it even passes the house. Your only option would be to pay $$$$$$$$$$$ with skydio enterprise

The more the Government attacks DJI with stories about the "autonomous A.I. Spy Robots" that they are selling U.S. Consumers, the MORE ridiculous they make even their own point sound.
My hope is sooner than later the people will come to their senses and realize that every time we fly our drones, we are not sending china some new miraculous information that will turn us all into Hard working, Xi Jinping worshiping, Factory workers. BUT we'll see.
I really don't see this DJI thing lasting all that much longer- After all if you look into the storage warehouse of most local governments you will find Thousands upon thousands of dollars in DJI drones that were purchased with State funds that were given for the specific purpose of obtaining DJI Drones.
Buy Your DJI-- OR You could build your own BUT With what you want your drone to do you would be saving LOTS of money Buying DJI. Compared to trying to get the parts needed delivered to your Builder.

The more the Government attacks DJI with stories about the "autonomous A.I. Spy Robots" that they are selling U.S. Consumers, the MORE ridiculous they make even their own point sound.
My hope is sooner than later the people will come to their senses and realize that every time we fly our drones, we are not sending china some new miraculous information that will turn us all into Hard working, Xi Jinping worshiping, Factory workers. BUT we'll see.
I really don't see this DJI thing lasting all that much longer- After all if you look into the storage warehouse of most local governments you will find Thousands upon thousands of dollars in DJI drones that were purchased with State funds that were given for the specific purpose of obtaining DJI Drones.
Buy Your DJI-- OR You could build your own BUT With what you want your drone to do you would be saving LOTS of money Buying DJI. Compared to trying to get the parts needed delivered to your Builder.
Thanks for replying.

Don't think building is the best option but will stick with DJI.

Reactions: Cafguy
To me this is just another example of the inept nature of government. If it's controversial, ban it. The ban ban mentality has been prevalent for some time now. The only theory that supports these actions would be that to be elected one must cognitively impaired.

Reactions: Mike2Fst
The bill is listed as 1% likelihood of passage. I wouldn't worry about it. Especially with the upcoming major pushback by the industry.

We still need to keep the pressure on, so please continue to pay attention to it and other issues we currently have 4 campaigns on our "Take Action" page, so go there and use it to send your Congress Critter an email. If Congress sees the pushback a bill with very little likelihood of passing gets, they'll hopefully think twice about pushing one that would have more possibility of passage.s

There was discussion about this on Wednesday in the Senate Subcommittee on Communications and Technology. This is an example of what lies are told to Congress, and how easy it is to debunk them.

Reminds me of the '50s when gov thought all liberals were communists. Irrational thinking and no common sense. We all wish US drones were competitive.. but sadly they're not. Maybe from Ukraine one day, building drones is a national pastime there.

Reactions: WanderLost
Where are these warehouses? I want to check one out.

I attempted to contact the Michigan supporter of this bill. Went to the contact page for him and filled out the form. Sent my message. In less than three minutes I got a response. This email is not supported. I should sign up for the congressman's newsletter. That says it all for me. Inept squared.

I attempted to contact the Michigan supporter of this bill. Went to the contact page for him and filled out the form. Sent my message. In less than three minutes I got a response. This email is not supported. I should sign up for the congressman's newsletter. That says it all for me. Inept squared.
Can you forward me that email please, [email protected]. I'll scrub any personal data and make sure it gets to the correct people at the DAA to fix that. We're staring to see Congressional offices push back against these. I question the legality of them doing that. They are effectively silencing opposing views.

Can you forward me that email please, [email protected]. I'll scrub any personal data and make sure it gets to the correct people at the DAA to fix that. We're staring to see Congressional offices push back against these. I question the legality of them doing that. They are effectively silencing opposing views.
Just forwarded the response to you. Good luck I guess. I've written government off. Nothing but corruption in my estimation.

Just forwarded the response to you. Good luck I guess. I've written government off. Nothing but corruption in my estimation.
Thanks, I'll take a look later this morning.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
DAA is taking a look into it. Thanks!!!

Reactions: SmilingOgre

Many Representatives don't accept email from outside their districts. If you're outside their district you'll either be immediately blocked from continuing or get a canned response with a rejection like you received.

It's not ineptitude; they just don't care to hear from you if you can't vote for them. They seem to miss the fact that they're making decisions on behalf of every citizen in the country.

To get around it, you can enter a zip code from their district or send them a fax, which they can't dodge. Faxzero.com provides free fax services via a web browser. I've used it for several years without problems. I've been told by a couple of staffers that they pay more attention to faxes than to emails.

Many Representatives don't accept email from outside their districts. If you're outside their district you'll either be immediately blocked from continuing or get a canned response with a rejection like you received.

It's not ineptitude; they just don't care to hear from you if you can't vote for them. They seem to miss the fact that they're making decisions on behalf of every citizen in the country.

To get around it, you can enter a zip code from their district or send them a fax, which they can't dodge. Faxzero.com provides free fax services via a web browser. I've used it for several years without problems. I've been told by a couple of staffers that they pay more attention to faxes than to emails.
Thank you, that's good to know. I do respectfully disagree in regard to ineptitude however. As you stated, "they just don't care to hear from you" constitutes ineptitude per my perspective. Couple that with a bill that bans a manufacturer and does not address the root problem they are sighting compiles the ineptitude per MHO. Regardless, belaboring this latest witch hunt will most likely do little to fix anything.

Reactions: MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13