DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance...

BluesDragon

Reactions
I know.. I know.. it's another never ending story. I will start off by saying I need to research some more, but was wondering if anyone carries this type of insurance with your drone(s)... here on the US side of the pond?
I was checking out a local air field, near my neighborhood, for a nice spot just to get out and fly in. Upon researching them.. I noticed they demand, in order to be member, that you carry AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) insurance. The liability coverage is pretty nice. Full members get $2.5m liability and $25,000 Medical Coverage-AD&D Policy ($10,000 Death Benefit) for $75 annually. A 'Park Pilot' coverage is only $38. annually with $500,000 liability... but you don't get the medical coverage. I typically, being I'm just starting out here, only fly in wide open areas myself. Although with all the "fell outta the sky... lost power in mid flight" threads... this seems like a good peace of mind should the MP do damage to someone or someone's property.
Again... I've yet to research it more. I literally just came across it. I know this air field and it's members mainly fly those very large RC Planes, so I don't even know if our MP's fall into the AMA category for coverage. I was just curious if anyone else has this insurance.. or has looked into it before.

Link for full info: Academy of Model Aeronautics - Membership Options

I was right about to ask the same question.

What do people use for drone liability insurance?

Cant beat AMA and their member benefits and insurance. I have Refresh, State Farm and AMA. Can never have too much insurance.

If your drone should injure someone, sometimes this is covered under your homeowners or renters policy, but these day, that might not be enough. Mine covers it, and my umbrella had $1 million liability, but before I would use that, I would use my AMA.

Reactions: BluesDragon
Interesting.

What do people use for commercial drone insurance then?
Check out Verifly. It's an on-demand, pay-per-hour coverage. On the app, you just select your area, amount of coverage, and length of time, and you're covered. www.verifly.com

I haven't used it yet, but I haven't flown many paid jobs yet worth covering.

Thanks for the feedback ya'll. I had to put in my time with the Mrs, so didn't get a chance to look into this more. Although from your replies, I've determined this is a good liability coverage that does cover the MP. As @DronePilotOne pointed out, this is for hobbyist. Sorry for not making the clear in my OP. I am just in it for the hobby aspect. Who knows, if I get good enough before these ol' bones dry out on me, I may look into the 107 and go that route. But mostly just in it for the fun and exciting self entertainment. Thanks for that other option to look into, @dbsanders , as well. I'll give a look later this afternoon. For now... it's time to get out and fly!

Check out Verifly. It's an on-demand, pay-per-hour coverage. On the app, you just select your area, amount of coverage, and length of time, and you're covered. www.verifly.com

I haven't used it yet, but I haven't flown many paid jobs yet worth covering.
Thanks, seems like that could become a bit of a hassle for someone who flies a lot of paid jobs though.

Any other options yet?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan