DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance

Deer_Predator

Reactions
So... I went to a local State Farm Insurance agent here in Illinois and inquired about a Personal Articles Policy (PAP) for my Mavic.. They said they haven't heard of such a thing but they will check into it... They call me the next day and say sure enough... So I head over there to get the policy rolling.. Ended up costing $60 a year... I also added my Hero 5 Black to the policy at no extra charge. It covers EVERYTHING.. No matter what!. If i crash it, deep 6 it (sink), it gets stolen, ANYTHING.. It's covered..

They said they would cover it under one condition... If I bring it in and let them video me and the agent in front of his sign. I'm their first drone policy.. LMAO.. Heading over there today for the photo op! :)

Sweet!
Curious as to why you didn't go for the DJI refresh?
I am about to insure my Mavic, and DJI's offering looks pretty good.

Reactions: jointeffort
OK, I get that.
I'm trying to weigh up the options....
I'll do some more shopping around I think

So... I went to a local State Farm Insurance agent here in Illinois and inquired about a Personal Articles Policy (PAP) for my Mavic.. They said they haven't heard of such a thing but they will check into it... They call me the next day and say sure enough... So I head over there to get the policy rolling.. Ended up costing $60 a year... I also added my Hero 5 Black to the policy at no extra charge. It covers EVERYTHING.. No matter what!. If i crash it, deep 6 it (sink), it gets stolen, ANYTHING.. It's covered..

They said they would cover it under one condition... If I bring it in and let them video me and the agent in front of his sign. I'm their first drone policy.. LMAO.. Heading over there today for the photo op! :)

Question, did you have to also include homeowners or renters insurance or were you able to just get a stand-alone policy for $60 any info would be greatly appreciated thanks[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Why would you go $99 for only a year and you have to pay additional 79 for the firs
Question, did you have to also include homeowners or renters insurance or were you able to just get a stand-alone policy for $60 any info would be greatly appreciated thanks[emoji3]

Nope.. It is written in a PAP (Personal Articles Policy).. I don't have State Farm but did go to them only for this PAP... This is the only policy I have with State Farm.. It covers WAY more than what the Mavic costs so you can put more stuff under it.. Including jewelry, cameras, ect....

Reactions: jointeffort
Does this policy cover property damage? IE, drone loses connection and crashes into a car causing paint damage? Something to that effect. Or hits someone i the head coming down.

Sweet!
Curious as to why you didn't go for the DJI refresh?
I am about to insure my Mavic, and DJI's offering looks pretty good.

State Farm covers all possibilities. Loss, stolen, broken etc. $60-$70 per year.

DJI refresh is one year only. You can't renew. For $100 and if u tank your drone in a lake or ocean and can't get it you're screwed cuz DJI requires you recover drone. State Farm doesn't.

Does this policy cover property damage? IE, drone loses connection and crashes into a car causing paint damage? Something to that effect. Or hits someone i the head coming down.
jointeffort hit it... the PAP policy will cover WHATEVER you do to your drone ... However it is a personal ARTICLES policy... It will only cover the drone.... Any damage you do with your drone to any other property must be covered by a different liability policy... ie. homeowners...

And just FYI... I just learned last weekend that Country Companies here in Illinois also have PAP policies to cover drones... They are actually cheaper than State Farm...

jointeffort hit it... the PAP policy will cover WHATEVER you do to your drone ... However it is a personal ARTICLES policy... It will only cover the drone.... Any damage you do with your drone to any other property must be covered by a different liability policy... ie. homeowners...

And just FYI... I just learned last weekend that Country Companies here in Illinois also have PAP policies to cover drones... They are actually cheaper than State Farm...

Sweet! Good to know another option than State Farm.

State Farm covers all possibilities. Loss, stolen, broken etc. $60-$70 per year.

DJI refresh is one year only. You can't renew. For $100 and if u tank your drone in a lake or ocean and can't get it you're screwed cuz DJI requires you recover drone. State Farm doesn't.

DJI is going to have to supply a new drone, so your screwed even if it all clears ;)

I have both DJI and SF. I would encourage folks to go through DJI and use SF as last resort. I had a lost drone and had no choice but to go through SF.... if you are able to recover your drone, go through DJI. Here is why, there a credit score of sorts that insurance companies keep to determine insurability risk. If you have a claim or worst multiple claims it will raise your rates downline. And if you decide to leave your current insurance company like auto or home, you may find that rates will most likely be higher and you will have to stay put.

Reactions: Gooze0520

I did the same and added my P3S at no cost.

Why would they give you a check for $1200.
New done is less than $1000?
Just wondering where the replacement cost comes from.
Tax? If you bought from a local retailer? Accessories like lens cover... cases etc. You cover up to.. Like I have the flymore... 1299 plus tax plus lens cover. If I lost the entire bag I would be out the full amount.

Why would they give you a check for $1200.
New done is less than $1000?
Just wondering where the replacement cost comes from.

Because I bought fly more combo. I am insured 2 drones. P3S and Mavic fly more for a total of $1900 payout if something happens to both.

The insurance agent checked DJI.com for the appraisal values.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard