DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Into the woods..

If you drive way climbs gradually and you can walk behind it to keep it in VLOS you might find it interesting to let the drone maintain ground clearance itself.
I can fly both my MM and my M2P slowly up my drive with out touching the throttle. You NEED VLOS because at minimum height you have to be able to see it to respond quickly enough to force it up should it decide to land. If you were using just the screen I doubt it would register that it was landing quickly enough for you to respond.
Bear in mind I am not looking at the screen when doing this and I am deaf so I haven't a clue about audible warnings.
Oddly the MM is smoother at this than the M2P.
Uuum it was nicely flown but I think you are beginning to press your luck a bit when flying off the road, 2:57 is getting a bit close

"Cabin in the woods"? ?
Nice tour, I enjoy it. 5 minutes walk with fresh air. But there is no dog. Where is it? ?.
Could you tell me about the two mystery objects in the woods?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-18-10-03-45-62_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-18-10-03-45-62_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
    940.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_2021-01-18-10-00-44-29_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-18-10-00-44-29_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
If you drive way climbs gradually and you can walk behind it to keep it in VLOS you might find it interesting to let the drone maintain ground clearance itself.
I can fly both my MM and my M2P slowly up my drive with out touching the throttle.
You NEED VLOS because at minimum height you have to be able to see it to respond quickly enough to force it up should it decide to land. If you were using just the screen I doubt it would register that it was landing quickly enough for you to respond.
Bear in mind I am not looking at the screen when doing this and I am deaf so I haven't a clue about audible warnings.
Oddly the MM is smoother at this than the M2P.
Uuum it was nicely flown but I think you are beginning to press your luck a bit when flying off the road, 2:57 is getting a bit close
I will give that a try, so you say it will rise with the ground level?

I've been pressing my luck most of my life! Not going to quit now.;)

I'm working on judging things like that, they do look closer on the video than they do when actually flying through.

"Cabin in the woods"? ?
Nice tour, I enjoy it. 5 minutes walk with fresh air. But there is no dog. Where is it? ?.
I lost my last two dogs last year.?

First mystery object that's on the left is a small tripod deer stand, the next one that appears on the right is a feeder.
I have an understanding with my deer... I feed them, they feed me!!?

Reactions: iamcostas
Yes, I think it will, just be careful until you confirm it does.
Both my MM and the M2P climb my drive way along the side of the house, at a guess 1 in 4, providing the flight is slow, but not snail pace.
Go too quickly and they would probably not react in time.
The M2P does it in small steps but the MM is much closer to a continuous climb.

Reactions: A.O.
I am sorry to hear this. I am sure you loved your dogs very much. I wonder if you decide to get an other dog as a companion , could it follow you at your adventures with your drone?
The jury is still out on another dog. I'm getting old and a little sensitive maybe but I'm tired of having to have to bury them.

Here's my guys cooling off in the creek!

IMG_1074.JPG

"Cabin in the woods"? ?
Are you referring to the structure in the distance to the left of my truck as I'm coming out of the woods?

Are you referring to the structure in the distance to the left of my truck as I'm coming out of the woods?
Actually if you like horror/ comedy movies Here is a suggestion: ?.
I didn't notice the structure. I missed that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-18-11-06-20-39_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-18-11-06-20-39_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
    600.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: A.O.
Losing dogs is painful and I think the pain gets greater as you age but I would suggest their benifit and companionship outweighs the pain at the end. My parents were in their late 60s or early 70s when they got their last pair and my neighbours must be in their late 80s or early 90s and still walk their two.
If you like dogs then I think ultimately you would be better off with another. I miss them but in truth am not suited to having one or two about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really loved your video. I also venture out I the woods with my drone & wood lathe. I cut some wood & try doing some woodturning. You'll find some great stuff regarding woodworking & mouse sanding at woodymanreviews. I share my ideas there regarding woodworking. You can google it. And once again great video mate!

Really loved your video. I also venture out I the woods with my drone & wood lathe. I cut some wood & try doing some woodturning. You'll find some great stuff regarding woodworking & mouse sanding at woodymanreviews. I share my ideas there regarding woodworking. You can google it. And once again great video mate!
You take your lathe out into the woods?:D
I've always wanted a lathe, just never got there. I do have lots of woodworking tools including a little sawmill, so I take my fair share of trees out there..
And thanks.

I've always wondered what this would look like in a lathe!

Attachments

• IMG_0401.JPG
    IMG_0401.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki