DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad 4 mini cellular.

Sheppie

Reactions
Was wanting to know if a iPad mini 4 cellular version will give me full functions to fly my Mavic Pro without signing up with a carrier.

Last edited:
The only thing signing up with a carrier will do is allow your iPad Mini to connect to the Internet. Most of the features in DJI GO (including general flying) do not require an Internet connection.

If you do need to connect to the Internet to use a feature that requires an Internet connection (like downloading the maps in DJI GO), you could create a hotspot on your mobile phone (if it's an option) and connect your iPad Mini to that Wi-Fi network.

The only thing signing up with a carrier will do is allow your iPad Mini to connect to the Internet. Most of the features in DJI GO (including general flying) do not require an Internet connection.

If you do need to connect to the Internet to use a feature that requires an Internet connection (like downloading the maps in DJI GO), you could create a hotspot on your mobile phone (if it's an option) and connect your iPad Mini to that Wi-Fi network.
Was wanting to know if a iPad mini 4 cuellar version will give me full functions to fly my Mavic Pro without signing up with a carrier.
I have a Pixel 2 Xl and it has a hot spot. Never used it though.

You might want to get a SIM card that isn't activated, so that the iPad doesn't annoy you that the SIM is missing.
It will still work without it though.

Just make sure iPad has altimeter ability,if planning to use follow me in autopilot app.

Was wanting to know if a iPad mini 4 cuellar version will give me full functions to fly my Mavic Pro without signing up with a carrier
Are you using any functions that require an Internet connection while you're out flying? If so, those functions will not be available.

Are you using any functions that require an Internet connection while you're out flying? If so, those functions will not be available.
As long as your maps are downloaded and your in class G airspace your good.

Heck, went and signed up with Verizon anyway. Only 10.00 a month.. I spend more than that on lunch every day.. Will just have to skip lunch once a month..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenjiekun