DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Air 2 Mount

Seacomms,

Just ordered that mount, interested to hear how you went with yours +/- shade.
What length USB cable did you need?
Cheers

Air 2 with a Mavmount, I have no need to see the controller screen as all of the same info is on the iPad. I can fly 4 full batteries and the iPad is still at 65% or better, and the controller at 70%. I attach the lanyard around the Mavmount neck with a keyring and the balance is fine. Is it a bit of overkill, yep, but better to strong than too weak, I had 2 3D printed mounts and they were junk, flexed all over the place. I use a sling bag and have a pocket configured to store the controller with the Mavmount attached, so I never remove it, or the short lanyard attachment. I almost never fly with just the phone (old eyes) and it all fits in the sling bag in any case, fit easily into my Motorcycle's saddle bag.

Reactions: Aerial West
Seacomms,

Just ordered that mount, interested to hear how you went with yours +/- shade.
What length USB cable did you need?
Cheers
I haven't used a shade yet though it would be nice. All I have been doing is if the sun is glaring on the screen I turn around using my body as the shade. Still want to make something up and will do so soon, just haven't got around to it yet!

As for a cable, I ordered a 30cm one with a rightangled lightning connector. Still too long but I take it from the bottom USB, around the left holder then into the iPad. No excess hanging anywhere to get caught.

And for someone that asked earlier about battery times, I flew 3 batteries down to 25% approx with 10 to 15 min break between and the iPad was running full.screen brightness due to full sun. Had well over 50% battery on the iPad when finished.

Reactions: biardy
Air 2 with a Mavmount I attach the lanyard around the Mavmount neck with a keyring and the balance is fine. Is it a bit of overkill, yep, but better to strong than too weak, I had 2 3D printed mounts and they were junk, flexed all over the place. I use a sling bag and have a pocket configured to store the controller with the Mavmount attached, so I never remove it, or the short lanyard attachment. I almost never fly with just the phone (old eyes) and it all fits in the sling bag in any case, fit easily into my Motorcycle's saddle bag.

I think you were one of the first guys who figured that out, even before we came out with a lanyard solution ourselves! Nice!

I just received my new mounts for my iPad air and love it! Its just a cheapie that has been 3d printed, but they fit absolutely perfectly, the part that slides into the phone mounts locks in tight and the section the ipad slides into grips the ipad tightly. After putting it together can dangle it by the controller or ipad and throw it around and nothing moves, steady as a rock. can slide the ipad up over the controller screen or down below the controller screen. Fits beautifully.

This was the ebay pics, I haven't take any pics of mine yet but exactly the same. I also have largish hands and I fit in there fine. The neck strap is a godsend too, I need to be able to hand launch and the ability to hold the Mavic and slide the takeoff control over will be great! Will be testing when camping this weekend :)

Click here for eBay Link if anyone interested

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

And I did this and shook it all about and nothing moves.
s-l1600.jpg

I am really intrigued by this one! Is it really any good? Looks like a brilliant design.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear